• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
if anyone is interested, I got the black nylon flight jacket with the shearling trim in a size large, new with tags. A little too big for me but figured I'd ask if anyone here wanted it for $300 shipped before i sent it back

aquila49

Reaction score
if anyone is interested, I got the black nylon flight jacket with the shearling trim in a size large, new with tags. A little too big for me but figured I'd ask if anyone here wanted it for $300 shipped before i sent it back

I had to choose between this jacket and the blue flight jacket with patches. Finally went with the blue one, but the black twill version is nice as well.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
Lol at the "hyper rare", pretty sure I bought these a few years ago at the outlet for 50 bucks

I definitely wouldn't say "hyper rare," but still a nice pair of jeans. I really dig the camo-print herringbone pocket bags.

McSp

Reaction score
Giants are getting spanked again. ;( OK, but July's not a total wash. Beautiful sunsets and nice breezes off the bay. My favorite combo for these cool summer months—an iconic chambray western shirt with Santa Fe-wash boot-cuts and Plainview suede boots. Adding a light Abrams sashiko vest in the evening. (I know, old-man butt. Life is cruel.) Oh God, not Osich again!

View attachment 809755 View attachment 809756 View attachment 809757 View attachment 809758

Even the cat can't watch the Giants these days.
View attachment 809754
That Abrams sashiko vest is simply beautiful, I'm looking for it on eBay etc. for long time with no luck at all...! that's a real pity!

aquila49

Reaction score
It's a fantastic vest. One of my very favorite pieces. I'll let you know if I see one crop up. Are you Medium or Large?

McSp

Reaction score
It's a fantastic vest. One of my very favorite pieces. I'll let you know if I see one crop up. Are you Medium or Large?
That would be great!
About sizing the last vest I got is the same you matched in your photos with the Worthy Work Shirt and it's an M. I have other vests in size L and they run a bit large... maybe it depends on the design and cut. But I would say I'm definitely an M.
Thanks!

Last edited:

McSp

Reaction score
That would be great and very kind of you!
About sizing the last vest I got is the same you matched in your photos with the Worthy Work Shirt and it's an M. I have other vests in size L and they run a bit large... maybe it depends on the design and cut. But I would say I'm definitely an M.
Thanks a lot.

If by accident you are an L or M it would be very helpful if you give me the chest measurement so I'll know exactly my size with the Abrams... thanks a lot!

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
132248596-rl%20913%20multi-2e52750b-.jpeg

Girlfriend mistakenly purchased for me in an XL, but it's way too big. Sold out online -- and in some stores, I think -- but happy to pass it along at cost. Shoot me a holler if interested.

aquila49

Reaction score
If by accident you are an L or M it would be very helpful if you give me the chest measurement so I'll know exactly my size with the Abrams... thanks a lot!

I'm a Medium, which is the size I purchased the Abrams in.

Armpit-to-armpit: 21.0"
Shoulder seam-to-shoulder seam: 15.0"
Length (back): 22.0"

It's slighter shorter than the Jungle Cloth Vest in the same size but almost exactly the same width.

Hope that helps!

McSp

Reaction score
I'm a Medium, which is the size I purchased the Abrams in.

Armpit-to-armpit: 21.0"
Shoulder seam-to-shoulder seam: 15.0"
Length (back): 22.0"

It's slighter shorter than the Jungle Cloth Vest in the same size but almost exactly the same width.

Hope that helps!
Yes, it helps a lot, now I'm definitely an M.
Thanks, that's very kind of you. Hope Abrams vest will pop up somewhere sooner or later! (better sooner...)

aquila49

Reaction score
I have a Baldwin Striped Corduroy Vest (Fall 2015) in a Large I would like to trade for a Medium. Love the vest, but would prefer a slimmer version.

rrl-baldwin-corduroy-vest.png

Can provide real-life photos and measurements if someone is interested in a trade.

McSp

Reaction score
I have a Baldwin Striped Corduroy Vest (Fall 2015) in a Large I would like to trade for a Medium. Love the vest, but would prefer a slimmer version.

View attachment 811845

Can provide real-life photos and measurements if someone is interested in a trade.
For a moment I was hoping you were selling the Abrams... (I'm joking...)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads