• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about biting the bullet and paying retail. I'll be in Costa Rica over labor day and was wondering if I'd sweat out in them.

i wore shorts the entire time i was in costa rica, it's pretty humid there.

PCFIVEZ

Reaction score

What are your guys' thoughts on RRL suits? I have a few weddings coming up and I've never owned a suit in my life. My line of work never requires me to wear a suit. I definitely need a suit for formal occasions though so I need to buy one regardless. Is the price tag for a RRL suit worth it? I definitely love the design / style of RRL so at the moment that would be the only thing justifying a big purchase like this. Would dropping that much money be worth it? If I'm looking for longevity in style / construction, is RRL a good route to go or does something like Purple Label make more sense? Or, considering I won't be wearing a suit often, is Polo a better option considering price?

Long time lurker and first time post here. Thanks in advance!

i wore the navy blue herringbone w/ pinstripe 3 pc suit to a wedding last year and people are still talking about it now...when i first showed up mofos were calling me the godfather.

they are not your average suit and they arent loud neither. they make the perfect statement without having to look like you are heading to work like everybody else. the RRL suit is slightly heavyweight but very well built.

just make sure you tailor it to fit you perfectly and accessorize properly. dont half ass it. if you are rocking a $2k+ suit dont be wearing chinese made or aldo shoes! dont wear a bulova neither.

Last edited:

ispace

Reaction score

i wore the navy blue herringbone w/ pinstripe 3 pc suit to a wedding last year and people are still talking about it now...when i first showed up mofos were calling me the godfather.

Would love to see a photo.

Gruff

Reaction score
What are your guys' thoughts on RRL suits? I have a few weddings coming up and I've never owned a suit in my life. My line of work never requires me to wear a suit. I definitely need a suit for formal occasions though so I need to buy one regardless. Is the price tag for a RRL suit worth it? I definitely love the design / style of RRL so at the moment that would be the only thing justifying a big purchase like this. Would dropping that much money be worth it? If I'm looking for longevity in style / construction, is RRL a good route to go or does something like Purple Label make more sense? Or, considering I won't be wearing a suit often, is Polo a better option considering price?

As PCFivez noted, they aren't your average suit. A lot of the RRL suiting has vintage details that would look out of place compared to modern suits.

Aside from that, the quality of the suits is fantastic on an objective level. If the wedding you're attending is vintage themed, you'll look amazing. If it's more modern, you'll still look great but you'll stand out a bit more.

From a longevity stand point, the suits are well made and should last forever if you take care of them. However, you'll get more versatility out of a modern-cut suit like Purple Label or Polo in terms of places you can wear it (e.g. work, weddings, formal functions, etc).

It all depends on your overall style. If you're more of a retro guy, RRL suiting would be fine for you. If you generally want to look slick like James Bond, you'll want modern-cut suits.

Oh, and as already pointed out, whatever you end up with, get it tailored to fit at the best place you can find and make sure your accessories are solid, too.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score

I'm in the same boat and rarely need to wear suits but just purchased the grey herringbone RRL suit. Aside from the fact that it was a great deal on sale it actually does look and feel really good. I asked the question about RRL suiting a few days ago because I'm in my early 20's and was afraid it would look a little too old school for me. Suit ended up looking great and I'm looking forward to the times I actually get to wear it. Once its tailored I'll be sure to post a few fit pics

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Ps. a pair of Julian made RRL engineer boots popped up on ebay in a size 9. looks like they're in great condition for a good price, I'd snag if they were a 10
shog[1].gif

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience with the jackets/blazers(made in Italy) regarding normal size vs. long size?
How tall do you have to be approximately to be able to wear the long ones?

Last edited:

oynag

Reaction score
I am 5'11" and the regular is perfect. At 6', it would still work. After that, it might get a little trendy.

walds11

Reaction score

Agree completely- this is the best visual explanation of their fits I've ever seen. This forum always has questions about denim fits, me included. We should all save this for the next person that needs it.

I still have my eye on the Slim Fit Fairviews, but also like the Slim Fit Billings. The wash does look very similar to the Bayfields though. Which ones on page 4 of the Fall 2016 Denim lookbook are the Billings? 4th from the left?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Daff Best bet is to take advantage of the Gift Card pr,mo going on now. You will get a $50 GC towards future use.

In other news I just ordered the camp blanket. Will post pics once I receive it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads