• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

movoblast

Reaction score
Hey do any of you guys get your officer chinos/clydes hemmed to get rid of the cuffs?
I'm thinking of getting my next pair tapered and hemmed. Cuffs just make my average length legs look short.

Last edited:

dukarelli

Reaction score

Hey do any of you guys get your officer chinos/clydes hemmed to get rid of the cuffs?
I'm thinking of getting my next pair tapered and hemmed. Cuffs just make my average length legs look short.

just got my rigid khaki pair hemmed about to the ankle and tapered. have had others hemmed and not tapered and others I have left as is and just cuffed. aside from rrl denim, the O F C are my favorite pants. just ordered a pair of the Rummel cords.. can anyone comment on the fit? saw them in store but decided to wait for price drop and glad I did!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

just bought a bunch of workshirts through a phone order from west Broadway. they were same as current website prices. I ordered a few things off the website last week that have dropped in price by like 30% so I'm returning whatever I haven't worn yet and re-buying them.

good to know, save me the trouble...

pasteurisation

Reaction score
I've just come back from Woodbury premium outlets. RL store actually carried quite lots of RRL items. I didn't buy any of them as all of them were not my size. Bags were really nice and prices were really good too (60-70% off retail).

And I happened to find RRL store in Brooklyn. It is located near Mast brothers chocolate store. This was a good surprise as I didn't expect to see it in Brooklyn. Guy at this store told me that Woodbury doesn't have any of RRL items though...

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
from a strictly function standpoint, how would the RRL Adney oilcloth parka stand up to a woolrich John rich & bros. arctic parka?

I ordered the blanket lined arctic parka from club Monoco for 50% of the $1200 asking price and it seems really nice, however the adney looks more my style. When buying strictly for warmth/winter functionality which would be better?

indigoeagle

Reaction score
I've just come back from Woodbury premium outlets. RL store actually carried quite lots of RRL items. I didn't buy any of them as all of them were not my size. Bags were really nice and prices were really good too (60-70% off retail).

And I happened to find RRL store in Brooklyn. It is located near Mast brothers chocolate store. This was a good surprise as I didn't expect to see it in Brooklyn. Guy at this store told me that Woodbury doesn't have any of RRL items though...

Anybody going there again and planning on proxying some stuff? Please pm

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

just got my rigid khaki pair hemmed about to the ankle and tapered. have had others hemmed and not tapered and others I have left as is and just cuffed. aside from rrl denim, the O F C are my favorite pants. just ordered a pair of the Rummel cords.. can anyone comment on the fit? saw them in store but decided to wait for price drop and glad I did!

I had mine slimmed and shortened but left the cuffs on them.....

pvoytko

Reaction score

What was the sizing looking like

Gruff

Reaction score
My dudes, I sent the Cowbody Denim Jacket back yesterday. After reflection, decided I wasn't a big fan of the boxy fit. If you're looking for a size L in that jacket, check the website because it might pop back up in a few days.

Just now kopped the light wash buffalo chambray western shirt and the denim naval shirt. Folks were right, most of the really good stuff has been picked over. Still couldn't find that damn deerskin vest.

Edit: called West Broadway on a hunch. They had one last vest in medium. Got it at 40% off, pretty awesome after Xmas present to myself. The lesson is, if the website doesn't show it, try calling the stores.

Last edited:

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

RЯL Rigid Officer's Chinos, Rollins Belt, Surveyor Wallet, Western Shirt.
I like the colors. Personal preference is for a slimmer fit. I have worn lots of stacking in my denim and chinos in the past, but more recently I like it less. I took the cuffs out of my oldest pair of ofc chinos a couple of weeks ago, so now they have little to no stack.

bigdemon

Reaction score
Does anyone know the availability and price of slim fit rigid chino in store? Can I go to some closer store to me like Atlanta to ask SA ordering for me if they don't have it?

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the buckle back's on sale currently? I know the straight fit doesn't get a lot of love here but I really like the detailing on these including the hair on hide patch. Looking to see if the waist is TTS or the usual plus 2 and any impressions.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...r=1&kw=straight+buckle+back&parentPage=search

Also, what are peoples thoughts on the LE blanket lined denim? Seems like a good option for these cold northeast winters, and I'm a sucker for lined pants.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...limited&sr=1&kw=rrl+limited&parentPage=search

Last edited:

srgprod

Reaction score
Those bucklebacks run true to size. Buy your size and you should be fine. Sanforized denim. Copy of a Lee 101B Cowboy Jean.

Anyone have any experience with the buckle back's on sale currently?  I know the straight fit doesn't get a lot of love here but I really like the detailing on these including the hair on hide patch.  Looking to see if the waist is TTS or the usual plus 2 and any impressions.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...r=1&kw=straight+buckle+back&parentPage=search

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads