• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're selvedge. I saw them firsthand in the store. I don't like the lighter fabric but maybe that's a personal preference. The only jeans that I've seen of theirs that are not selvedge are the seasonal color washes - like the olive slim fit ones from last season. Although in the past those were selvedge too...
Website says they are 16 oz. I think I posted this earlier, but in the store the salesman said they were only 12 oz. They felt very light. 16 oz would be heavier than the other options, which they decidedly are not. What am I missing here? Is the 16 oz a goof they still haven't fixed or are there 2 versions? Or?

As to fit, they are basically the low straights with a higher rise. The fit is nice. Not crazy about the denim, but that's me personally.

Trimalchio

Reaction score
Maybe the website was wrong? This wouldn't be the first time.
I'm assuming the website is wrong. 12oz sounds about right.

The fit sounds interesting to me. I'm relatively tall so the low rise on the Low Straight can be annoying, but I do like the fit otherwise. I wonder if this will become an icon fit and replace anything in the current line up? or maybe they'll just make it part of the regular collection with different fabrics.

Last edited:

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

I don't know of a mill in the US that weaves 16 oz denim.

Lookbook says that RRL developed an exclusive 16oz selvedge denim woven on Draper shuttle looms at the Cone Denim "White Oak" Mill in Greensboro, North Carolina for Spring 2013 Icon. This denim is used in Slim Fit Rigid, Slim Fit Once Washed, Low Straight Rigid, and Low Straight Once Washed.

All other Selvedge denim is from Okayama.

So says the book.

mfbnyc

Reaction score
The leg opening stitching (last pic) makes it look like someone just made those and attached the RRL label before taking those pics and put it on ebay, lol
These were holiday collection 2007 or 2008 - I think it was called "Black Tie". I remember seeing them in the store. They're legit, just a little old.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so is the new slim straight their best denim available right now?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel that the new slim straights fit quite similarly to low straights. The leg opening wasn't much wider, if at all. Hard to tell by the naked eye. Then they're nice and slim through the top block. I'm no expert but the only significant difference to me is that they have a higher rise, which is good for me as I've been wearing a lot of vests recently and feel that the low straights just sit too low.

Sorry Denim, I can't really remember if there was stitching on the back or not. It's not something I'm really bothered about. I don't think the RRL stitching was there but I wasn't really looking.

They're selvedge. I saw them firsthand in the store. I don't like the lighter fabric but maybe that's a personal preference. The only jeans that I've seen of theirs that are not selvedge are the seasonal color washes - like the olive slim fit ones from last season. Although in the past those were selvedge too...

Website says they are 16 oz.  I think I posted this earlier, but in the store the salesman said they were only 12 oz.  They felt very light.  16 oz would be heavier than the other options, which they decidedly are not.  What am I missing here?  Is the 16 oz a goof they still haven't fixed or are there 2 versions?  Or?

As to fit, they are basically the low straights with a higher rise.  The fit is nice.  Not crazy about the denim, but that's me personally.

so is the new slim straight their best denim available right now?

I wasn't a fan of it neither honestly, Denim is supposedly 16oz but it feels much lighter, maybe a loose weave or something. I much prefer the Japanese stuff. Also no hidden rivets and construction isn't as nice as older jeans imo. They fit about the same as my low straights when I tried them on

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wasn't a fan of it neither honestly, Denim is supposedly 16oz but it feels much lighter, maybe a loose weave or something. I much prefer the Japanese stuff. Also no hidden rivets and construction isn't as nice as older jeans imo. They fit about the same as my low straights when I tried them on

Website pics show hidden rivets. I don't have a whole lot of experience with cone denim, but the times I've handled it the fabric was definitely softer and less substantial than the Japanese stuff. Not to say it's better or worse, but definitely different and a thing of its own.

I'm waiting on some fit pics and measurements of these. Is the rise the same as straight leg model?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Website pics show hidden rivets. I don't have a whole lot of experience with cone denim, but the times I've handled it the fabric was definitely softer and less substantial than the Japanese stuff. Not to say it's better or worse, but definitely different and a thing of its own.

I'm waiting on some fit pics and measurements of these. Is the rise the same as straight leg model?

Ones I saw in malibu didn't have them

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ones I saw in malibu didn't have them

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads