• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randelpink

Reaction score
Started today for me, you guys are terrible influences. That’s why I love this group though

97D94B89-721F-4542-AB38-5000F94708FC.jpeg

Randelpink

Reaction score
I would check with SAs. I was watching this one from the launch, it had already sold out and been removed off the site but came back with a couple more sizes. It’s a good one, whipstitch detail is very nice. One last shot, dressing it up for work today.
3498B0DE-FC76-444E-A71C-44DA3225F32E.jpeg

Serad

Reaction score
I’m still bummed I missed out on the previous black/grey hand knit cardigan from winter. But at least I have that other belted one (the first one) that everyone is always after.

bwfilms

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I got into RRL pretty late, so I had a great time going through some of the old catalogs. There were some beautiful items!

By sheer luck, I just bought 2 items from the Spring 2014 catalog. Technically speaking, they aren't my grail items as I didn't really spend much time looking for them. They are, however, my top 2 favorites from that catalog (black-and-blue indigo, vintage varsity inspired - exactly the attribute/style I usually look for when buying RRL). The boatneck came today, and I'm anxiously waiting the arrival of the other shawl-collar one. Will post pics later...

View attachment 1596376

Pics of the Boatneck. I'm looking forward to wear it many times as the catalog description says "Indigo will fade and crack over time".
IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Hi All,
Curious if any of you have any experience with either the LE High Slim or the LE 5 Pocket. Looking for any feedback on fit and cut, as well as any general observations. I know they are sanforized, but definitely could use any advice on sizing. Also, if anyone picked up the seasonal brown corduroy jacket with the elbow patches, would welcome your thoughts. Thanks on helping me decide how to spend on the upcoming promotion ;)

Cheers!

Freecard

Reaction score
Hi All,
Curious if any of you have any experience with either the LE High Slim or the LE 5 Pocket. Looking for any feedback on fit and cut, as well as any general observations. I know they are sanforized, but definitely could use any advice on sizing. Also, if anyone picked up the seasonal brown corduroy jacket with the elbow patches, would welcome your thoughts. Thanks on helping me decide how to spend on the upcoming promotion ;)

Cheers!

I have the slim one : I only own the brown distressed and black LE they released recently but they all fit more or less the same Waist is supposed to be different on each but I do not notice that much. So it is not super high waist.
It is a bit more slubby than on the pictures.
Indigo bleeds more than on my Lee Rider / Nudie Lean Dean

Edit : also it has a selvedge line only on one side, and regular stitching on the other, you might want to take that into consideration if you fold it up

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

lwmarti

Reaction score
H**k! These pictures are making me drool. I went through my RRL phase a few years ago. The best part, though, is that after RRL, your wife is less likely to raise an eyebrow when you spend $2k on a suit.

I seem to recall picking up a couple of uber-cool RRL double-breasted suits while on a trip to NYC a few years back. Perhaps the best of both worlds - RRL and a suit.

Which reminds me of one of my favorite suit stories. Around 2002 or so I was in New York kissing up to hedge fund managers (I was doing M&A consulting back then). Right before lunch, I was talking to one of fund managers about suits. I might have a few of the details wrong, but here's the general idea.

"Hey," he said, "Nieman Marcus is having a sale on Kiton today.

"Oh, man," I said, knowing that this guy was a big fan of Kiton, "I've always wanted one of those."

"It's almost lunch. Let's go pick up a couple."

"Uh, OK."

So I ended up buying what's actually a fairly nice DB Kiton suit just to ingratiate myself with the guy. Luckily, it worked. Got lots of business from him. But it was definitely not one of my more rational actions.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
H**k! These pictures are making me drool. I went through my RRL phase a few years ago. The best part, though, is that after RRL, your wife is less likely to raise an eyebrow when you spend $2k on a suit.

I seem to recall picking up a couple of uber-cool RRL double-breasted suits while on a trip to NYC a few years back. Perhaps the best of both worlds - RRL and a suit.

Which reminds me of one of my favorite suit stories. Around 2002 or so I was in New York kissing up to hedge fund managers (I was doing M&A consulting back then). Right before lunch, I was talking to one of fund managers about suits. I might have a few of the details wrong, but here's the general idea.

"Hey," he said, "Nieman Marcus is having a sale on Kiton today.

"Oh, man," I said, knowing that this guy was a big fan of Kiton, "I've always wanted one of those."

"It's almost lunch. Let's go pick up a couple."

"Uh, OK."

So I ended up buying what's actually a fairly nice DB Kiton suit just to ingratiate myself with the guy. Luckily, it worked. Got lots of business from him. But it was definitely not one of my more rational actions.
Nice story! I'm also a fan of RRL suits. Fabric is cool and the vintage aesthetic is distinctive. Definitely more interesting than a typical department store luxury brand

stickshift

Reaction score
Nice story! I'm also a fan of RRL suits. Fabric is cool and the vintage aesthetic is distinctive. Definitely more interesting than a typical department store luxury brand
I agree I love the fabric designs but I’ve had the seams/stitchings on multiple RRL dress pants rip prematurely with Infrequent wear around the office. Pretty frustrating for $500 pants.

juniorsample

Reaction score
Hi All,

Cheers!
LE 5 pocket: amazing heavy denim. So heavy and rigid, they could probably walk around on their own! The cut is full in every respect. I love 'em.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads