• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Hi All,
Curious if any of you have any experience with either the LE High Slim or the LE 5 Pocket. Looking for any feedback on fit and cut, as well as any general observations. I know they are sanforized, but definitely could use any advice on sizing. Also, if anyone picked up the seasonal brown corduroy jacket with the elbow patches, would welcome your thoughts. Thanks on helping me decide how to spend on the upcoming promotion ;)

Cheers!

I went true to size, but since it’s vanity sized I had to get the waist and seat taken in, otherwise amazing fit the LE high slim. Recommend it

bwfilms

Reaction score
Anyone knows when the Summer Collection will come out? What will be the theme? I'm hoping it will have some focus on the French/Italian Riviera like it did in 2014.

1619039903822.png

bwfilms

Reaction score
Holy **** stop the presses! RRL is going to feature indigo!!!

I came across the RRL Instagram post and had a second, closer look. There are some nice items in there. I really like the patched cream pants and the short cream jacket on the left.

noretailplease

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how these were originally $390? Was it because they’re made in the usa? Are we that non-competitive? Thank you ??
F2F41D85-4F21-40CE-B4AE-35D9A9F5F7F0.png
55A262A0-4275-47B6-9549-12BABD865415.png
9C87F062-10AA-4A18-BCCD-ABD45EB33C36.png

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fits large, so like the the size down by 2 ones? Leg taper enough for me though (14 1/4, assume that's actually right)

lwmarti

Reaction score
Wallace and Barnes (J Crew) makes a smart looking chino, not slim in the top block mind you, but I have them and they're great. The RRL version will be slimmer in the thighs, but significantly more $$ since the W&B can often be found on sale.

I agree with the J. Crew thought. Particularly when you can pick it up at at least 70% off, it's decent quality at a very good price. I really wish I had known about their stuff when I was buying my sons clothes. I've done my best to wear out my RRL equivalent, but haven't succeeded in getting major signs of wear other than the cuffs fraying. I don't expect the same level of durability from the J. Crew pants.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
Reminds me of this.

I thought the same thing. Though this is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier in terms of the quality of denim washes. It isn't that RRL doesn't still produce some mind-blowing items (recent ranch cardigan is at the forefront of my mind) but that overall, quality has dipped, especially in relation to price. I believe that corduroy bomber retailed for around the same price but appears at least from the photo to be of far superior quality. The patch seems far more intricate/detailed, the jacket has leather on the sleeves and **** pockets, full lining, etc. To be honest the new one almost looks like those 'near RRL' knock-offs that that eBay user 0livewh0 is passing as legit.

bwfilms

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. Though this is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier in terms of the quality of denim washes. It isn't that RRL doesn't still produce some mind-blowing items (recent ranch cardigan is at the forefront of my mind) but that overall, quality has dipped, especially in relation to price. I believe that corduroy bomber retailed for around the same price but appears at least from the photo to be of far superior quality. The patch seems far more intricate/detailed, the jacket has leather on the sleeves and **** pockets, full lining, etc. To be honest the new one almost looks like those 'near RRL' knock-offs that that eBay user 0livewh0 is passing as legit.

Thanks for the incisive critique of the way RRL has evolved (something I honestly didn't give much thought to). Very useful comment IMO.

Edited to say I don't think the item I posted looks bad at all. I do, however, appreciate the comparisons of the new vs old item.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads