1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Polo made a very similar same one last year

[​IMG]

2. CJ23

CJ23 Well-Known Member

Hey, can someone tell me what the bizrate coupon is? The other ends tonight so I am looking for this one too. Thanks

3. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

1 person likes this.
  4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Is the above post from you the Bizrate you're referring to?

5. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Just getting into the brand...was told large is similar to a j.crew slim fit large. I ended up purchasing a fall flannel in large and it is too big. I am getting kind of worried now cause i picked up a few items from the RL sale, all in large. The sizing charts in comparison seemed relative. Perhaps its just this style?

6. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Correct me if Im wrong...
    RL and RRL sizing is a bit different..Mediums in a RL fits perfec for met as Medium in RRL fits more like a small-medium...My chest area is 41.5" if that helps...

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

rrl runs fairly tts ime. some exceptions include: coats and cardigans are sometimes cut fuller in the chest, yet their t-shirts tend to be snug across the chest.

8. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

That I agree...

9. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Yeah i am a 40R and do medium in regular RL

Im just gonna assume its prob just that seasons flannels

10. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I'm generally a M in jcrew and L in RRL although sometimes they can vary from shirt to shirt and fit like shit either size. The westerns are usually slimmer than the flannels.

Tshirts do typically seem to fit pretty snug in the chest for me as well but I have some of the indigo striped pocket t's which fit fine.

11. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Wonder why this one is so big. Fits like an XL or polo large
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  12. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Can we just talk about PSR and outlet store manager's lunch break time and how asshole managers hate resellers please?

13. tanapoom123

tanapoom123 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  14. BHK666

BHK666 Senior member

It is. I made three separate purchases stacking the bizrate 10% discount with the promotion that expired last night.

15. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

So I got the stuff I ordered:
    Selvedge chinos are really nice. In terms of the product itself, it totally meets expectations. I wouldn't mind having a redline selvedge ID, but that's not a big deal. Size 29 fits well out of the box, which means I may have to have them taken in at the waist eventually if they stretch. The fact that everything's made in China kind of bothers me, particularly with the selvedge chinos. I kind of think of them as being more like the rigid selvedge denim, and I'd expect MIUSA at the very least with how heavily RRL plays up the heritage angle (and the premium they charge for it). The work shirt is pretty nice, particularly at that price point, and it fits pretty slim through the body. The sleeves are way too short (I'm 6'1" and got a medium). I think someone mentioned that RRL sizing changes quite a bit from season to season on the non-staple items. Even still, I'm not sure it's worth trying again when I can get nice shirts that are MIUSA and fit way better (WvG, Epaulet) for the same or less. The pants are interesting, but I don't know whether i actually like them. The fabric is really stiff and heavy, and I don't know how well they'd break in. They're oddly short for supposedly having an inseam of 32", which usually gives me at least some kind of break. I'm also a little put off by the MIC tag when retail is $360. I'm sure there are plenty of manufacturing facilities in China that are way better suited to making this stuff than plenty of factories in the US, but the idea that outsourcing manufacturing to another country as a cost-savings measure when retail prices are this high seems kind of ridiculous. [/rant]

16. RRL CLOTHING

Did you pay the $360 Retail? Or did you buy something at 40-70% off? There's the answer to your question. Made in China is good for business and good for the end user who wants to be able to stack at least 5 coupon codes.

You want made in USA so bad go buy from here. It's almost as good a deal as the Army Surplus Store.

http://www.prisonblues.net/

Interesting you referenced "WvG" I'm pretty sure small labels like that use USA sweatshops with horrible working conditions or these correctional institutes for their cheap labor. I remember Mauro making those crappy raw jeans for his store and the holes in the back pockets and the stitching was all uneven and unraveling because the sweatshop workers didn't even know how to properly construct the jeans. But hey, they were MIUSA! Those labels are just cashing in on liberals brainwashed mentality that made in the USA is better.. and it isn't.

17. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat sort of. I'm new to the brand and love what I see. I've purchased a few button down shirts of the Denim and Supply in the XXL size, and it fits me perfectly. Does the RRL brand fit relatively the same as the D&S brand?

18. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

19. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Good for your business maybe.

It could also be made by in a domestic factory by skilled shirtmakers who've worked there all their life for a fair wage like at Gitman, Quoddy, etc.

http://allplaidout.com/2010/06/factory-visit-gitman-bros/

http://plaidout.wordpress.com/2009/04/12/factory-visit-quoddy-trail-moccasin/

Don't know about Wvg specifically but there are some domestic brands that are competitively priced, high quality, and made domestically by skilled and fairly treated workers.

I've been able to get those brand at steep discount as well

Or we can blindly buy clothes MIC at luxury prices. Probably made in the same factory and of the same quality as there cheapest line since they can't even get the tags right sometimes

[​IMG]

20. RRL CLOTHING

Good for my business? What does that even mean? Manufacturing in China hasn't worked out well for RL, J.Crew, BB, Gap, etc?

I love your apples to oranges comparisons. To compete on a scale as large as RL you would have to level the playing field by almost exclusively manufacturing out of China in order to stay competitive.

Who cares about MIUSA when the product lacks fit, style and nearly all aesthetic? I would never wear anything Gitman makes, or WvG for that matter. Way too geriatric and ubiquitous for my tastes. Yes you can find Gitman at Barneys outlet for 90% off. That has nothing to do with anything, that is the retailer liquidating overstock and taking a loss.

If RRL needs to come from China to make it more profitable and to stay in business longer so they can make interesting new things every season, why would I care where it's made when QC standards are there? I'm sure you MIUSA loons would rather see RRL become defunct.

Anyway I'm not wasting time arguing about Made in China anymore, it's all been discussed ad nauseam every few weeks. And comparing RRL to other boring clothing brands is just weak trolling considering you are in the RRL thread.