1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Stacking, as in using more than one discount at once. Apparently within some time frame you could get the 25/50/150 discount off along with using a coupon code discount. Probably for a brief time before the former ended.

I wouldn't stress it. You already got a good deal I assume so why worry about a few extra bucks you off you could have gotten during a glitch.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

[​IMG]

My Clydes paired with a D&S vest i bought last yr & the Iron Heart 33.

2 people like this.
  3. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

i got those black button tab jeans - arrived today. when i ordered a few days ago, only two sizes were available. super soft. not what i expected but very happy with them so far.

4. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

i've had both the $5 and $8 shipping to nyc. took 2-3 business days.

5. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

My order from the 9th arrived today, even though my order status still shows "Items located in stock" totally threw me off guard because I didn't expect to receive so many boxes today unattended.

Another annoying thing is splitting up many $500 orders to get the $150 discount, when they should just give you $150 off every $500 when you check out so as not to cost them additional shipping, boxes, labor, etc.

About the denim tabs, they had about 5 or 6 sizes on the 9th and 2-4 of each size.

I wonder if they'll be cancelling the orders that overlapped the coupons, 30% off of ~30-40% and another 40% would have been amazing. Though they are pretty good about not allowing stacking of proprietary discount codes and have cancelled for that in the past.

6. BHK666

BHK666 Senior member

I would call them and tell them you forgot to apply the 10% to the 20-50-50 discount on new items. I did this and they happily obliged. So worth a shot.

Edit:
    As a further point of interest (I did this for the first few orders I made, remembered to apply the code on the rest), they actually told me that the items needed to ship before they could make the adjustment. So don't assume you're too late because the order is in progress. Fuck it, 10% is 10%.

Cheers.

7. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

I received an order today & I am pretty impressed with these most even though they arent RRL. If u can get a pair def jump on it they fit & look pretty cool on

[​IMG]

8. BHK666

BHK666 Senior member

I had to make several orders to get everything I wanted, which was annoying. Agreed they should scale the 20-50-150 discount. Averaged all my purchases and discount came out to approx. 36-37%.

I was particularly pleased with this recent promotion because it provided me with the chance to get some of the newer releases at a pretty generous discount.

The first box arrived today and I can say the workmanship on the banded railman shirt and plaid bulldog were notable (though the white from the web site is really a tan/brown, so be forewarned if you are interested in those items).

9. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

So I was in NYC over the NYE and went hog wild at the Bleeker St store, everything was an additional 40% off...mind blowing deals.

$425
    [​IMG]

$150
    [​IMG]

Picked up a few shirts for about $50 each and a gorgeous pair of boots like these but RRL branded in a burnished calf for about $400

[​IMG]

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

lol ... havent visited this thread in a while and come back to find so much haterade :embar:

anyway, just received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the RRL - Leather Coin Pouch

11. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

^ How do you like them/how'd you size?

I'm really digging the indigo focus this season. Now if only RRL made a raw denim trucker jacket..

12. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

How has this ebay seller managed to only get ahold of the ugliest RRL pieces that have ever been created? All three of these things look so fake to me. You would think if someone was going to go to all the trouble of faking the inside label they would at least be able to make the rest of the shirt look decent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-mens-Po...509305?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&hash=item2a28c33979

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RRL-Dou...32843?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&hash=item2a28b5d9cb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RRL-Dou...23996?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&hash=item2a3448f8fc

13. Unreachable

Unreachable Member

Has anyone purchased RRL jeans off eBay? Currently eyeing this pair. Has anyone had any experience with this model or fit?

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I'm trying to decide between this shirt and this one:

[​IMG]

15. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Found a pic of the RRL ones

16. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I have the jodhpurs you originally posted, and think the ones you got are much better. The ones I have are way too flashy to wear, realistically.

That brown coat looks great too, by the way.

17. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Those all look super fake. (S)he also sold this "RRL" gem:

[​IMG]

I feel bad for the poor buyers who won't know any better.

18. potemkin_city_limits

I just don't get it. Why even bother? Who is spending their time making these? Is this just some idiot with a sewing machine who owns some real RRL pieces taking the labels out and sewing them into shit they find at thrift stores? If RRL produced a stuff this ugly I doubt there would be a 1200 page thread dedicated to how much we all love it.

19. potemkin_city_limits

Any clue how old this RRL shirt is? When did they switch to the black label in their shirts?

[​IMG]

20. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

She's also selling two industrial carpet/floor cleaners. I'm going to take a guess and say she's an immigrant to this country with a connection to cheap knockoffs from home. I've encountered my fair share of bootleggers. This will probably become more common as RRL becomes more mainstream unfortunately.