• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of stuffs are popping on Ebay. Looks like most of them are from Kon Tiki and Windships.
I was at Vegas outlet today and they didn't even have a rack, they said they will not carry PSRs anymore due to expanding.

Wonder if they will receive it after expansion.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of stuffs are popping on Ebay. Looks like most of them are from Kon Tiki and Windships.
I was at Vegas outlet today and they didn't even have a rack, they said they will not carry PSRs anymore due to expanding.
Wonder if they will receive it after expansion.

I was at Wrentham today and they were dismantling the mens discount rack and moving everything to a smaller rack. Everything on there was on there 2 weeks ago. Womens had alot of new stuff though.
Woodbury over the weekend had a few sweaters and button down shirts.

superbuick3

Reaction score
i have a RRL western plaid shirt size M for sale or trade for VERY CHEAP. i am taking offers and trades of all sorts. just PM me and i will get back to you.

Last edited:

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was at Wrentham today and they were dismantling the mens discount rack and moving everything to a smaller rack. Everything on there was on there 2 weeks ago. Womens had alot of new stuff though.
Woodbury over the weekend had a few sweaters and button down shirts.

My local one removed the rounder rack and made little single rack for discount rack. It looks like even though they have stocks in the back, they just want to limit the selling.
They didn't have any womens RRL.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My local one removed the rounder rack and made little single rack for discount rack. It looks like even though they have stocks in the back, they just want to limit the selling.
They didn't have any womens RRL.

Theyre probably trying to dump off this stuff before they bring out all the new stuff at like 35% off

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Kon Tiki, Montana and Windships are flooding here like crazy too. Mostly chambrays, shorts and s/s shirts and a few overalls/chinos, some wool knits as well but NO jeans. From what i've seen they won't put out more than 10 things a day, usually 1 or 2 of each style, gone are the days where they would put out 200 items at once. Still unclear whether they're hoarding it or are just not receiving much.

We still get plenty of 75% racks. At one point about 2 weeks ago they took the racks away and made a small PSR shelf, but now that there are new arrivals they put it back to two 75% off shelves even though the two shelves are half empty and mostly RLX. Womens has three 75% off racks, and usually they put out mens clothing sizes 28-30 thinking it's womens and it sits there for days until someone properly zones it because women don't care for any of it.

I don't know where all the PSR is this year, is it possible RRL stores sold out of almost everything? Or maybe the website sale helped them get rid of most of the would-be outlet store arrivals.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's also possible they're waiting for St. Paticks sale this weekend to put out more stuff. It's obvious they're limiting PSR, but also they must not have that much if they're hoarding it because space is limited, if they are anticipating to receive a lot more RRL they would probably put more out already.

As far as PSR rack disappearing due to expansion they're going to put it back after they finish zoning, every store has clearance racks and that will probably never change. You always have to take everything outlet store employees/managers say with a grain of salt because most of them are clueless and that includes the ones working there a long time and some will lie about things just to upset you (had a cashier recently tell me a guy came in 10 minutes before me and bought the last 20 pairs of RRL jeans.. ha!)

Then there is also the possibility they're waiting for PSR to go to 50% off, which effectively doubles the discounted price of each item before they put the racks back.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's also possible they're waiting for St. Paticks sale this weekend to put out more stuff. It's obvious they're limiting PSR, but also they must not have that much if they're hoarding it because space is limited, if they are anticipating to receive a lot more RRL they would probably put more out already.

As far as PSR rack disappearing due to expansion they're going to put it back after they finish zoning, every store has clearance racks and that will probably never change. You always have to take everything outlet store employees/managers say with a grain of salt because most of them are clueless and that includes the ones working there a long time and some will lie about things just to upset you (had a cashier recently tell me a guy came in 10 minutes before me and bought the last 20 pairs of RRL jeans.. ha!)

Then there is also the possibility they're waiting for PSR to go to 50% off, which effectively doubles the discounted price of each item before they put the racks back.
I think they are trying to get rid of their items for outlet stuffs, especially on holidays. Specially made for outlet stuffs are Polo's primary cash maker and with this 25% off coupon and low PSR stock level, I guess they need to boost their sales or something. 50% off will probably start when there is massive shipment of RRLs. It's not always like this but store managers told me like "Due to extensive amount of RRL, PSR is 50% blah blah." I don't think they actually sold out all or most of their stocks due to website because website doesn't offer full list of RRLs. One thing I noticed about Jeans is that some old washes sometimes pop up at outlet in many sizes. I guess they use the left over materials, washing and fits to make something for outlets or something. Or maybe manufacturer was holding those. Anyway, there is something strange about RRL jeans making to outlets.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of strange stuff about what outlets do and about RRL QC in general - for example I bought some Made in USA RRL trousers and the tag says "cluody wash" and "40% LENEN".

I like your theory about RRL being made specifically to outlets. With 165+ outlets in the US it would make sense they would also make some outlet specific RRL (tees, basic washes, henleys, etc) to give the brand more exposure and to attract new polo customers.

Last edited:

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's a lot of strange stuff about what outlets do and about RRL QC in general - for example I bought some Made in USA RRL trousers and the tag says "cluody wash" and "40% LENEN".

I like your theory about RRL being made specifically to outlets. With 165+ outlets in the US it would make sense they would also make some outlet specific RRL (tees, basic washes, henleys, etc) to give the brand more exposure and to attract new polo customers.

A vast majority of those outlets dont get RRL though. They tend to only ship it to the high volume stores. I personally have never seen RRL at a Tanger outlet, only at Premium outlets. For example the outlet in Kittery Maine and the one in Freeport Maine, both ive never even seen a PSR rack at. ONE time i saw a RRL shirt and pair of cords on a "Clearance - Priced as Marked" rack but that was a fluke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads