• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

The Madisons were $790 i think after the sale. It was the last pair left in the company and they didnt even know they had them.
I like the Engineers but they need to be beat to hell and maybe hit with dark polish after a while to get them looking more like these:
rrl.jpg

One of my acquisitions was the Engineer Boots as well, although I went with the black. I will never get the patination out of them that you will with the brown, but the construction is amazing. Pretty thrilled with this purchase.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One of my acquisitions was the Engineer Boots as well, although I went with the black. I will never get the patination out of them that you will with the brown, but the construction is amazing. Pretty thrilled with this purchase.

Likewise, i spent today breaking them in at work. Loving them so far. I have 3 RRL boots in my arsenal now.

Rayson

Reaction score
I imagine quite a few people have been waiting for a post like this! To those who were wary of the whole Jimmy Fingers deal and stayed away, well done. It may be that he's a cold-blooded scammer who planned to defraud people and did this by fulfilling some orders, knowing he'd get positive feedback and that he'd be able to lure more people. It may be that some of the problem came from his email account getting locked and then being unable to buy the clothes. At worst, he's a thief. At best, he collected money well after he was able to cover for the goods and it's amounted to the same thing. A group of us have found lies and holes in his stories (I'm sure they've at least looked shaky to plenty of people). It's impossible to take anything he says at face value. It doesn't matter what he says in so much as this is true: he owes people a lot of money.

His name is William Reese.

OK this is something of an aside: I just found a post where he talks about using "billmelater" to pay RL. He's deleted loads of his old posts but bits survive because people quoted him. Those of us affected need to go through it to see what info we can get (always bearing in mind it's not safe to take anything at face value).

Do not send money via [email protected] (in the name of Will Reese), [email protected] (in the name of Frank or Jim Reese) or to William Reese or anybody else at:

7027 Blue Sky Drive
Locust Grove Ga 30248
(678) 519-0026

His father's name is Ronald Reese. He runs a consultancy service from that home address, apparently. If anybody affected can find a way to get in touch with him, he might be reasonable enough to repay his son's debts. Who knows? I only have an old email address that's no longer in use: [email protected]. Phone and address are obvious ideas. I'm in the UK and phone would be expensive for me. PM if you're a victim and want to get in on the group mails of those of us affected and I'll add you as soon as possible (bearing in mind I'm in a different time zone etc).

Needless to say, it is not safe to deal with Will Reese/William Reese/Frank Reese (Frank is his middle name)/Jim Reese/Jimmy Fingers or to believe anything he says. (He says he's been suspended/sacked from his job. Either possibility sounds likely so he probably wouldn't be able to get deals from RL if he tried.)

People will have opinions over all this, of course, but I post it primarily as a warning. I don't want it to take up my life: I'll reply to stuff as and when I have time, and if others affected see fit to reply I'm sure they will.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I imagine quite a few people have been waiting for a post like this! To those who were wary of the whole Jimmy Fingers deal and stayed away, well done. It may be that he's a cold-blooded scammer who planned to defraud people and did this by fulfilling some orders, knowing he'd get positive feedback and that he'd be able to lure more people. It may be that some of the problem came from his email account getting locked and then being unable to buy the clothes. At worst, he's a thief. At best, he collected money well after he was able to cover for the goods and it's amounted to the same thing. A group of us have found lies and holes in his stories (I'm sure they've at least looked shaky to plenty of people). It's impossible to take anything he says at face value. It doesn't matter what he says in so much as this is true: he owes people a lot of money.
His name is William Reese.
OK this is something of an aside: I just found a post where he talks about using "billmelater" to pay RL. He's deleted loads of his old posts but bits survive because people quoted him. Those of us affected need to go through it to see what info we can get (always bearing in mind it's not safe to take anything at face value).
Do not send money via [email protected] (in the name of Will Reese), [email protected] (in the name of Frank or Jim Reese) or to William Reese or anybody else at:
7027 Blue Sky Drive
Locust Grove Ga 30248
(678) 519-0026
His father's name is Ronald Reese. He runs a consultancy service from that home address, apparently. If anybody affected can find a way to get in touch with him, he might be reasonable enough to repay his son's debts. Who knows? I only have an old email address that's no longer in use: [email protected]. Phone and address are obvious ideas. I'm in the UK and phone would be expensive for me. PM if you're a victim and want to get in on the group mails of those of us affected and I'll add you as soon as possible (bearing in mind I'm in a different time zone etc).
Needless to say, it is not safe to deal with Will Reese/William Reese/Frank Reese (Frank is his middle name)/Jim Reese/Jimmy Fingers or to believe anything he says. (He says he's been suspended/sacked from his job. Either possibility sounds likely so he probably wouldn't be able to get deals from RL if he tried.)
People will have opinions over all this, of course, but I post it primarily as a warning. I don't want it to take up my life: I'll reply to stuff as and when I have time, and if others affected see fit to reply I'm sure they will.

in this day of electronic tracking, I doubt he'll get far if he is a scammer

maybe the few people who did receive their goods have return address info or the like, and Hotmail will cooperate with the police to use IP addresses to track down thieves using their system

PayPal also has an anti-fraud group to go after scammers

Last edited:

Rayson

Reaction score

in this day of electronic tracking, I doubt he'll get far if he is a scammer
maybe the few people who did receive their goods have return address info or the like, and Hotmail will cooperate with the police to use IP addresses to track down thieves using their system
PayPal also has an anti-fraud group to go after scammers

Fingers crossed. Styleforum will have his IP address too. We should let Hotmail and Gmail know, and PayPal if you haven't already.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fingers crossed. Styleforum will have his IP address too. We should let Hotmail and Gmail know, and PayPal if you haven't already.

PayPal knows his bank or credit card number so if he's stupid enough to try to scam using Paypal, he's in for a rude awakening and jail time

bank and credit card anti-fraud divisions work with Paypal all the time to trace fraud and prosecute it

JimmyFingers - if you are a scammer, and I hope you aren't, you are going to jail if you used Paypal (which you did), so think twice.

erasing posts doesn't work because the Administrator still has them (no posts on the Internet are ever erased) as does every member who sent you a PM describing what they were trying to buy and where you asked the money to be sent - this proves intent to deceive, proves method of payment, and also allows Paypal to go after you for fradulently trying to use the 'gift' clause

this is all on paper and the paper trail is a mile long on all sides of this (as is your IP address and bank or credit card info with Paypal)

hopefully, he does the right thing because jail is not a happy place to end up

Last edited:

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you do a phone order during the sale? If so, was it to RL direct or to a RRL store?

The Madison boots were via the phone from the Mansion (only place they were sold). They had thought to have been sold out but a pair was found when the cleaned the stock room when the sale started and Chris remembered I was looking for them and hit me up. Great sales staff at RRL!
The Engineers were over the phone from the West Broadway store.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But GUYS, jimmyfingers has cancer, and got mugged out of his convertible at gunpoint. Show some respect guys!

Manfred Freitag

Reaction score
I got my stuff, as advertised and on time. No issues from me with Jimmy Fingers, I assumed all the post deleting was just a CYA in case his employer started digging around. Let the kangaroo court begin!

But am I the only one who finds it amusing that people who rushed to take advantage of this deal with JF had to know it wasn't exactly kosher. So,you participate in deceving RL in order to gain a financial advantage and then get upset when you yourself are possibly deceived?
A fool and their money were lucky to get together in the first place.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal, those of you who ordered with a CC are safe (you can do a chargeback within 60 days.) Those who used their PP balance or sent money as ''gift'' will have a long road ahead of you to recover your money, if at all. I am assuming jimmyfingers has fake tracking numbers that go to the appropriate zip codes to provide proof of delivery. I will not get into detail about how this can be done.

Paypal will free up money after 21 days regardless of tracking info and then it is available for withdrawal. Once it gets withdrawn he has the money in his possession and you open a dispute, paypal will send out emails after about 30-45 days saying that you won the dispute, but they are unable to recover the funds for you.

If he doesn't provide tracking you should get reimbursed from paypal in an INR dispute. If he has a phony tracking you are probably SOL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads