1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

2. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

as promised, photos of the shoes from the sample sale. shame i didnt take a photo of the size 13 wingtips before my friend picked them up.

anyone here a size 10? tagged a size 9 but they fit pretty big. i have about an inch of space. i was going to try and wear heavy socks but they're still big on me haha.

[​IMG]

i got these in a 9 as well but fit like a 10, my friend is taking these.

[​IMG]

these are tagged a 9, fit like a true 9 so i'm keeping

[​IMG]

3. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

You waited in line for Polo shoes...? Ouch.

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

What is that supposed to mean? I think he got a bunch of other stuff too, but Edward Green, C&J, and Allen Edmonds make some RL shoes too

5. RRL CLOTHING

Found some stuff at outlet today. Mostly the same stuff as last week just more of the same (cord vests, patchworks, destroyed denim westerns, flannels, striped brown trousers and wool pants and some other random stuff from northbend and kon tiki.)

The best part was, the cashier really helped me out today and offered me a "friends and family" discount (30% add't) he said mgmt said they're allowed to give it out to their regular customers or people who spend a lot "this week only." Not sure if I was eligible for that exactly or he just wanted to do me a solid, figured I would put in a good word for him or if their sales are that slow that they're offering discounts..? I wasn't complaining because he saved me a substantial amount of $$$. This year definitely looks slower than last year. As much as PSR wasn't making any profits, it still showed the stores were making higher sales, which now has gone down drastically due to significant lack of PSR

He was also saying to another cashier how they got rid of a bunch of their long time employees recently and how that sucks. I did notice a lot of new faces, new managers, new cashiers, just more new staff than usual.

They had a really nice yellow RLX jacket that looked like some kind of Arctic expedition with cool patches and stuff. Wanted to pick it up but forgot to.

6. 1234

1234 Senior member

I think he's implying that polo shoes are not worth waiting in line for.

7. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I hit up Wrentham Outlets today but there was literally nothing. A clearance rack with outlet junk on it, and i got told by a teenage employee that anything with a price ending in .98 is an extra 30% off

8. RRL CLOTHING

Oh okay, so 30% extra off PSR?

Niiiiiiiiiiiice

9. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

There was no PSR at all. It was a clearance rack of made for outlet pony crap. It was at 30% off already and if it ended in .98 it was an extra 30% off.

10. RRL CLOTHING

I see.

Maybe he got confused and assumed my PSR was clearance and gave me the extra 30% off.

I got so many emails recently from polo that it's hard to keep track of all the discounts and promos going on. I got one that said 20% off coupon good until the 9th, one that said 'up to' 40% and add'l 15% good until the 10th or 12th and then store wide clearance 30% off. Who can keep track of all this.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  11. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

My store got nothing but usual RLX craps.
    I just can't wait to see my other stores to receive PSRs since they are under renovation for a month or two.

They should get pretty good amount of RRLs.

12. RRL CLOTHING

There was this one really nice floral paisley shirt I swore was an RRL but it was in fact RLX.

13. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Well I mean you don't really know until you get in right? If you want for other people to report, then you probably missed out on the good stuff.

14. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Doe anyone have any idea where I can find this cardigan on discount? Is it sold out everywhere?

[​IMG]

15. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

I'm totally interested in finding the shawl sweater very similar to this Northbend jacket

The biggest difference between the two is the lack of the buckleback on the Shawl Sweater and the fact that it is made of the geelong wool.
    My favorite pieces from last winter were the logger and the black and plaid hoodie. The geelong wool is just sick and totally makes those pieces.

I'm looking for a size medium, so if anyone comes across it or has one and want to part with it, please let me know.

-Harvey

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Polo shoes are mostly pretty crappy quality. EG, C&J aren't "Polo" shoes like the ones deez posted. Deez probably got them for super cheap but I'm not sure I'd wait in line for them at any price

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  17. RRLstyle

RRLstyle Member

Looking to buy a RRL gamblers Jacket in XL

18. RRL CLOTHING

Anyone heading to the outlet this weekend to find RRL -

[​IMG]

*This offer is valid through May 2, 2012 through May 9, 2012 at Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Stores, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's Factory Stores and Ralph Lauren Home Factory Stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico only. This offer is not valid in Japanese or European Factory Stores, cannot be combined with any other offer and is valid for one transaction only. This offer is not valid for the purchase of gift cards, philanthropic items, Reusable Organic Totes and cannot be applied to previously purchased merchandise. This offer must be presented and surrendered upon purchase. This offer has no cash value and is valid for in-store purchases only: Phone, mail and e-mail orders will not be accepted. Item vary by location. Not all colors or styles available in all locations. Offer code: 4083
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Check Industrie Denim in SF. They had one a month ago. Full price though

20. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i did get them for cheap, but i wasnt waiting in line solely for shoes. i picked up alot of items, $10 swim trunks, $10-$15 long bills and bucket hats, a jacket, sweater, among others. i'm going to sell one or two items and keep the rest. i dont dress up every day of the week in RRL like you fine folk lol. it's a sample sale, i'm not expecting some amazing finds... but like i said, not only do i like RRL, but i am a huge fan of vintage blue label items (i.e. snow beach, suicide ski, polo hi tech, polo sport) and alot of times the sample sales drop things that are reminiscent of that late 80s/early 90s era.