• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

use amazon payments ... less fees and they are competing with paypal. god i hate paypal

Yeah, was looking at them. There's also all these cell phone payment systems, not sure if I like them or not. But I don't have a strong need for these services most of the time and at least Paypal will work out eventually.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this coat ?

I like the look, but the p2p is 23.5

I'm usually a 42r, but I know that cut can also be important. I'm just wondering if anyone owns or has tried this coat on and give me some guidance on the fit.

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^damn, wish i got those money, now!

ilubtv

Reaction score
Does anyone have this pair of RRL engineering boots? They look great but too pricy
frown.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ralph-L...Men_s_Shoes&hash=item27bded02ea#ht_618wt_1029

The current Boondocker Suede Boots are also very nice and cheaper than Japanese retros
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11838131&f=Men&kw=rrl+boots&parentPage=search

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
harveyrabbit, would love to help but I dont have any experience with either sweater

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any experience with this coat ?
I like the look, but the p2p is 23.5
I'm usually a 42r, but I know that cut can also be important. I'm just wondering if anyone owns or has tried this coat on and give me some guidance on the fit.

These measurements are usually my fit for a coat and I'm a 44R-L (I know because I was eying this piece about a week ago - just can't justify the purchase right now as I've got too many coats, esp. grey herringbone).

You could always pull the trigger on it though and then tempt me to grab it (at a lower price) if it's too big. :satisfied:

Great lookin' coat.

Ghost01

Reaction score
Another question. Anyone seen this wool hunting sweater in person? The description says there is a buckled tab at the back waist. I am concerned it might be as disfiguring as this one

I have this sweater. The buckle back on the back is made of balck cotton. it doesn't look as long as the other one in your post. all i can say is that i've only ever had great comments on the sweater.

tazmaniac

Reaction score
Reposting this for additional input:

Has anyone who is not really tall or heavy bought the Cotton Twill Jacket and can confirm to size down? I am 5' 8", slim, and usually an S in everything I buy (except an M in some Barbour Tokito stuff) and am contemplating getting the XS in the Cotton Twill Jacket based on people here saying it fits big. However, it feels weird ordering an XS so I wanted to check whether anyone remotely my size has some input.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11745435

Thanks!

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

These measurements are usually my fit for a coat and I'm a 44R-L (I know because I was eying this piece about a week ago - just can't justify the purchase right now as I've got too many coats, esp. grey herringbone).
You could always pull the trigger on it though and then tempt me to grab it (at a lower price) if it's too big. :satisfied:
Great lookin' coat.

I'm really trying to avoid being the reseller that always sells at a loss.
I'm not saying it hasn't happened, or won't happen again, but I'm trying to control for it a bit better ;)

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

harveyrabbit, would love to help but I dont have any experience with either sweater
Thanks!
I have this sweater. The buckle back on the back is made of balck cotton. it doesn't look as long as the other one in your post. all i can say is that i've only ever had great comments on the sweater.
Thanks for the feedback. Any chance you can share some pics? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in looking at some new RRL...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads