• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, how can they just lock your account?? I know PayPal suck but that takes the biscuit!

They lock accounts for all types of reasons. If you don't use it much then have $4k coming through it'll bring up red flags.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol your taking away from their revenue ... they are prolly gonna start limiting gift payments soon

everyone go to amazon payments asap

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post from eg & wvg threads

rrl wool officer trousers courtesy of Dave_SFU

DSC03202.jpg
DSC03217.jpg
DSC03211.jpg

wolf vs goat japanese light blue oxford
engineered garments fair isle knit tie
rrl wool officer trousers
alden x leather soul #8 5th anniversary chukka

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
super sharp! pants look great. I love that tie. what season is that from? current?

i picked up spme of those trousers from Dave as well, but fit is just off for me (FS i n sig). pity since they are awesome. color is fantastic IRL.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah its a great color pant. doesnt really show in pictures but its a gray with olive hues. love them!

the tie is from current season and is one of my best pickups. i took Gary's last one in olive/brown but he may have the grey/black colorway and i know context sold out in both colors. no idea about other retailers. im sure nepenthes can track one for you

poorman

Reaction score

They lock accounts for all types of reasons. If you don't use it much then have $4k coming through it'll bring up red flags.

Man, hell yeah. They locked mine once, I don't even remember why. I had to send them an e-mail with my ID.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yo, any of the rrl sellers in here, any of you guys have the washed icon slims in a 32x32/32x34? if you're "rl_store" I just ebay messaged you!

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's a good look RKD... I need to get a pair of those pants. What's the weight on them ? All season, or more geared towards cooler fall/winter?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i would buy those, but you're price is $80 higher than ebay average :p

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's a good look RKD... I need to get a pair of those pants. What's the weight on them ? All season, or more geared towards cooler fall/winter?

Just chiming in. They are not super heavy, but they are more of a fall/winter pant IMO. Super soft--almost a brushed flannel like feel, but not quite that heavy. They are not a year-round style wool pant though.

poorman

Reaction score

lol your taking away from their revenue ... they are prolly gonna start limiting gift payments soon
everyone go to amazon payments asap

We're writing to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.

Starting 10/12/2011, money from payments you receive will be placed in a pending balance for up to 21 days. By doing this, we're making sure that there's enough money in your account to cover potential refunds or claims.

Even though you can't access the money right away, please ship orders quickly and communicate with your customers. After 21 days, you can withdraw money from each payment as long as the customer hasn't filed a dispute, chargeback, claim, return, or reversal.
The money may be available sooner if:

1. We can confirm that the item was delivered.
2. Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items)

This change isn't necessarily permanent. We'll review your account every 35 days and re-evaluate if we should continue to hold your payments. If we decide to stop holding payments, we'll email you to let you know.

Why are my payments being held?
We reviewed your account and determined that there's a relatively higher than average risk of future transaction issues (such as claims, or chargebacks, or payment reversals). We understand that it may be inconvenient to have your payments temporarily held but please know that we didn't make this decision lightly.

Before deciding to hold payments, we consider many factors. These factors include account and transaction activity, the rate of customer disputes, the type of business a seller runs, average delivery timeframes, customer satisfaction, performance and history.

Sorry, about hijacking this thread again but wow, wtf? Why did they do this to MY account? I think I will try out Amazon. This is not cool.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads