• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnu

Reaction score

Not all outlets carry RRL
Which stores did you call?

Camarillo and Ontario in southern Ca
I've seen it at both locations before. Most recently in the last few months. Bummer

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Camarillo and Ontario in southern Ca
I've seen it at both locations before. Most recently in the last few months. Bummer

Ontario store used to carry PSRs but stopped carrying it because of scarcity and their store's sales

Camarillo still carries it but you will have to wait for the right time.

and one more, sometimes sales associates or cashiers have no idea what RRL is, because PRL outlets hire new faces every week, so best bet would be frequent stop at outlets or get to know the store manager.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What season / collection is this black chambray shirt from?
If anyone owns it, is the fit standard slim, or is it a bit oversized? AND if there's anyone out there with a size large that they'd be willing to sell... holler!

Yeah its a really nice shirt. I think its the same as this one right? Afraid I don't own one, but I wish I did.

I like the look of these jeans too. Anyone know if they're from the same '10 season as the shirt?

palma

Reaction score
What is the difference between Slim Fit and Low Straight? I contacted Context about waist, thigh and leg opening for both. The guy said on W32 waist was same for both 33", thigh 10.5" on slim and 12" on low, leg opening 7.5" on slim and 8" on Low. Can anyone confirm that? Finally, he also said the rise was the same on both. But, I thought the Lows were manhood-crushingingly lower than all other fits?

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the difference between Slim Fit and Low Straight? I contacted Context about waist, thigh and leg opening for both. The guy said on W32 waist was same for both 33", thigh 10.5" on slim and 12" on low, leg opening 7.5" on slim and 8" on Low. Can anyone confirm that? Finally, he also said the rise was the same on both. But, I thought the Lows were manhood-crushingingly lower than all other fits?

The difference is pretty much the measurements you state here - look at the thigh and leg opening measurements. The slims are going to hug your legs, while the low straights are cut straighter with more thigh room. I think it's correct that rise is about the same.

Edit: Good fit pics of the differences in this post: http://www.styleforum.net/t/120192/the-official-rrl-thread/6330#post_4864313

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thigh on the slim fits seem off to me. I have Slim Fits one wash in 31x32 and the thighs are around 11.5" to 11.75". 10.5" is skinny jeans measurements. I definitely can't fit into skinny jeans.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, look at my pics from a few posts back....there is definitely a differance between the slim and the low straight (both 32x34 in that pic).

the rise on the low straight is NOT low, it is just lower than the straights (which are *very* high) I put them next to my 34x34 straights and the rise seemed to be lower by the width of the waistband--so about 2inches. Still, they don't look or feel low to me.

The slims felt a little lower than the low straight...but that may have been that the thighs were so tight I couldn't pull them up any more :)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

don't know about actual measurement, but when I wore it, slim had very slightly lower rise, about same waist, much slimer thigh and leg opening, your butt also shows more..., not sure if it's a function of back rise.

subdivide

Reaction score
Big up to Jimmy Fingers - received my sweater in the mail. Thanks for the solid communication and providing a great service! Couldn't have asked for a better transaction.

renn

Reaction score
looking for some nice pre-faded jeans, any ones worth nothing in rrl?

rrl makes the best washed jeans i've seen. i can't tell the difference between my pair and some beat ass sugarcanes i faded myself. seriously.

Dating back to 2005 2006, Earnest Sewn made some great pre-faded jeans which are so natural that one can't tell whether they are worn or pre-faded by the posted photos.

Try Hysteric Glamours, those jeans are art pieces, perfect combination of wash, damage, patches, and riveting. Although it is a fashion brand based on rock style, some modest jeans are still good for PITA or vintage style.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone try that parka in person? trying to find a winter jacket and leaning towards canada goose. figured the rrl is more for looks then for utility but someone chime in and tell me otherwise

warrenjl1

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new pair of dark jeans for FW and was thinking about tacking on an order next time jimmyfingers opens it up. Wasn't really looking at RRL, but for 50% off, seems like a deal. I'm a shorter, stocky guy with big thighs. I need about a 16" back of waist measure (size 30 in APC NS), an 11.5" leg, and a smaller leg opening, preferably like 7.5" to 7.75". What do you guys recommend? Low straights? What size? I'm guessing I probably can't squeeze into the Slim Fit's thighs.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's the measurement i got from CONTEXT, hope that helps on sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads