• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oynag

Reaction score
Has anybody heard any news on Winter sale?

Yeah, what he said. I’m really surprised to not see RRL deep discount by now.

Winter sale starts 12/26. Lots of stuff marked down. Field and Stream collection, FY19 seasonal, "Alaska Bush Pilot" (I enjoy these names) and Winter Limited Edition and fall carryover. Basically all of winter. Appears to be 50% markdown but you may have to call a store for the 10% kicker. Even the watch case and the shearling buffalo leather coat.

Edit: suede pants on sale! And I've posted about it before- the natural market tote will be down to $74. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

gerb

Reaction score
I recently picked up some black slim fit does anyone know if they stretch out?
I got big thighs and they’re little tight atm.
I usually wear low straights, been looking for some black denim, only fit I can find.

mfbnyc

Reaction score
I usually wear low straights, been looking for some black denim, only fit I can find.
All of the denim will stretch a little bit, so it just depends on how tight they are. I'm a low straight wearer myself and find I can do slim fits on some occasions but they are tough to wear at first. Just don't wash them.

gerb

Reaction score
All of the denim will stretch a little bit, so it just depends on how tight they are. I'm a low straight wearer myself and find I can do slim fits on some occasions but they are tough to wear at first. Just don't wash them.
Yeaaa I know. Ughhh I’m up in the air about them. May have to return them and see what I can find in black.
Thanks for the reply!

thehaag

Reaction score

I'm actually wearing these (https://rlauren.co/2GxrgnW) right now and find they've stretched about what I've expected with other slims I've purchased. About 1/2 an inch in the waist and definitely some give in the thighs...but not a ton. I'm also only about a month into wearing them. FWIW, I love them. Hope that helps.

gerb

Reaction score
I'm actually wearing these (https://rlauren.co/2GxrgnW) right now and find they've stretched about what I've expected with other slims I've purchased. About 1/2 an inch in the waist and definitely some give in the thighs...but not a ton. I'm also only about a month into wearing them. FWIW, I love them. Hope that helps.
Same ones I got.
I wear 36/30 or 32 on low straights and other brands.
I owned a few rrl chinos 36/32 and have no problem, was hoping these would be a similar fit.
I got a few days to decide.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads