The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. oynag

oynag Senior member

Yes, size down. It's an odd fit. I needed a smedium. Good luck!

2. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

My God, you're right! I checked the 2013 version and they also looked like Purple. Couldn't find the scene from the 1949 version, so we'll just have to go with F. Scott Fitzgerald's elegant prose:

“I’ve got a man in England who buys me clothes. He sends over a selection of things at the beginning of each season, spring and fall.”

He took out a pile of shirts and began throwing them, one by one, before us, shirts of sheer linen and thick silk and fine flannel, which lost their folds as they fell and covered the table in many-colored disarray. While we admired he brought more and the soft rich heap mounted higher — shirts with stripes and scrolls and plaids in coral and apple-green and lavender and faint orange, and monograms of Indian blue. Suddenly, with a strained sound, Daisy bent her head into the shirts and began to cry stormily.

“They’re such beautiful shirts,” she sobbed, her voice muffled in the thick folds. “It makes me sad because I’ve never seen such — such beautiful shirts before.”​

This time, words say far more than a picture … or a GIF.

3. McSp

McSp Active Member

Are they selling online too? What is their website? Thanks.

4. hobbes874

hobbes874 Senior member

Pretty sure he means the Ralph store in La Jolla, I think you can call and get things shipped by the store depending on the rep you talk to.

On another note, some RRL items for sale at MrP: https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/sale/designers/rrl

5. McSp

McSp Active Member

Thanks for the tip!