The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. double00

double00 Senior member

^^^ super into that inseam length. cool fit.

2. oynag

oynag Senior member

Thanks. Plug for Railcar Fine Goods. I have to get all my denim altered because I'm in-between sizes.

3. BaronFizzwell

BaronFizzwell Well-Known Member

Thanks, yeah I did see that. It's a bit big for me though. I've resigned myself to realising I'm going to just have to replace them with similar shirts, which might not actually be a bad thing. Vive la difference etc.

Yeah that would be depressing. I'm a big fan of buying three or more of the same shirt, though, just in case. I have this fantasy of somebody opening my shirt drawer and having the same reaction as Wendy did from The Shining when she discovers Jack Torrance's "novel" that he'd been writing. The truly depressing thing about one of the "lost" RRL Shirts is that I actually had two of them and sold them both :|.

Yep, I have several acid free storage boxes filled with Ralph Lauren Rugby suits. Some of them are identical suits but with two button/three roll two variations, some in various sizes, just in case of too many potato chips. That's not a humble brag, it's a sad reflection on my life.

Speaking of Full Kit Wanker Combinations, here's my tribute to Bob, to celebrate the new Twin Peaks Series. Those jeans were purchased sometime during 2014. Clearly they haven't been worn enough to even get the slightest whisker. I haven't been able to bring myself to wear them in anything but rotation, since they're apparently the last ever pair of Rigid Slim Denim made from Japanese Denim, before they switched to Cone. _MG_4697.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2017 at 12:44 AM
  4. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

FYI I bought those and in person didn't look anything near the photo. sent em back. I have a pair of the hiatt denim from a few years back that was the same idea and looked much better.

5. Bethany Heck

Bethany Heck Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. I found a pair on a Japanese site and pulled the trigger when their pics looked close to the ones on RL's site. Will share photos when they arrive!

3_000000002152.jpg 1_000000002152.jpg

6. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

I identify more closely with the Great Gatsby!

redfordshirts.gif

Last edited: May 28, 2017 at 10:31 AM
  7. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

May I ask how you were able to buy these off the Japanese site? I tried to do that a few years back and was told they would not sell to a North American address. Did you use a proxy? Thx!

8. McSp

McSp Active Member

I recognise that wall... I bought a vest from them.

9. Bethany Heck

I use Zenmarket. I think buyee will proxy for you and ship to you as well.

10. BaronFizzwell

BaronFizzwell Well-Known Member

Hmmm, those shirts Gatsby's throwing around look suspiciously like Purple Label :sly:

11. McSp

McSp Active Member

I bought though a direct contact, it's the only web store you can read in English too...

12. Serad

Serad Member

Has anyone seen the limited edition patchwork repurposed military jacket around Europe/U.K.? Maybe in store?

Also anyone who has it can share any more details? Fit, where it's made etc. - impossible to find info on this thing.

There is one in M on union made but I'd have to pay 21% VAT and not sure if I wouldn't rather go for an S.

Cheers

13. Bethany Heck

DSC01892.jpg DSC01886.jpg Here are some pics of mine. It's made in the US, and the fit is boxy/relaxed. I think my XS measure 18" across the shoulders and 20" pit to pit. The arms are very loose, and I usually wear it with the cuffs folded up because I think it helps balance the looseness. If it wasn't such an awesome jacket I'd have sent it back, because it's bigger than just about any other jacket i'd wear.

If there are any other measurements I can get you that might help, let me know. It's an incredible jacket, and if you like the mix of fabrics in the Unionmade one I'd recommend going for it. They only made 40 of the jackets in total, according to Peter.

14. Serad

Serad Member

Thanks a lot! I saw your photo's initially, that's part of why I got interested in this jacket. Looks great, although by your description I'm pretty sure I should go with an S (I'm only a 5'10 150 lbs skinnyfat build myself). Now only to find one...

15. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

I saw several of these at the La Jolla store, but they only have a size Large now. I'd call around and see who has it in stock, they're on sale for ~500 down from ~900 so its a pretty good deal.