The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. displacedsoutherner

displacedsoutherner Well-Known Member

there were some slim fit black RRL's at a local shop here in Nashville a few months back on clearance. Really kicking myself that I didn't snag a pair. Those of you will access to RRL/Ralph Lauren stores know if they still have the slims around in black?

2. uvmboi13

uvmboi13 Senior member

Not going to lie, I have been obsessed with this store for a month now...It is just too hard to resist. Everything looks old school but so young.

3. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

Sounds like you got a mistagged pair. Picked up a pair today and they are 16.25" across the waist and exactly 30" inseam. Great M-51 cargo pants especially at 40% off.

The cargo pants I bought are the Type D-2 from the American Graffiti collection ($290).

4. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

The cargo pants I bought are the Type D-2 from the American Graffiti collection ($290).

Pretty much all the military themed pants reuse that generic d2 labl. I got the same pair as you they just happen to be m51 pants

5. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

there were some slim fit black RRL's at a local shop here in Nashville a few months back on clearance. Really kicking myself that I didn't snag a pair. Those of you will access to RRL/Ralph Lauren stores know if they still have the slims around in black?
    pretty sure the south beach store did. i know for a fact there was black denim there but i didn't look at the cut.

6. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

I saw a slew of them at Barneys here in NY, but none at the RRL Locations. I saw the Short Sleeve Red Chambray recently. It's nice, I think it's part of the Key West collection

7. displacedsoutherner

question about the RRL slim fits: i saw a pair of 29's online that were measured at 33" in the waist as they supposed to sit low apparently. do they sit reallylow? Also, what do they fit like in the leg?I typically wear at 31 in jeans, although I do have a pair of raw selvedges that are 29 and they stretched out quite nicely. any help would be appreciated.

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Where did you see the Red Chambray at?

I saw a slew of them at Barneys here in NY, but none at the RRL Locations. I saw the Short Sleeve Red Chambray recently. It's nice, I think it's part of the Key West collection

9. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

Do all the current RRL jeans have back pocket stitching, or are plains available too?

10. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Where did you see the Red Chambray at?

I saw it on the shelf at RRL Prince St in NY this weekend. It was with a bunch of other Key West pieces.

11. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

Do all the current RRL jeans have back pocket stitching, or are plains available too?

AFAIK, the slim fit raw and one wash are the only ones that are plain.

12. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Thanks man

I saw it on the shelf at RRL Prince St in NY this weekend. It was with a bunch of other Key West pieces.

13. displacedsoutherner

Found some slims on Ebay in sz 30 that claim to be women's RRLs. Do they make them for women, or is this wrong?

14. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

^^^^
    They do make men and womens, the waists measure the same but thigh and leg opening are much slimmer. I have a pair of 29, and my wife has a pair of 28's. Also the back pokets are closer together on the womens, ive tried them on and they fit like 511's, with a lower rise.

Also my rigid slim fit's in 29 measure 16.5 across, just measured, the sit real low only like 8 inch rise or so.

15. displacedsoutherner