The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Scored these off ebay. Kind of a western cord pant. The fit is just like the officer's chinos. I'm really happy with them.

So are those sized as funky as the officer's chinos too? As in 2" bigger than their marked size?

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

So are those sized as funky as the officer's chinos too? As in 2" bigger than their marked size?

Yeah, pretty much. The inseam is also really long, which is strange, but does not bother me. I just realized when I looked in the mirror that the profile looks almost exactly like the officer's chinos - kind of the low rise and slim, but not tight, in the thigh.

I wasn't really sure what I was getting, but took a chance. They look great and are really comfortable, too.

3. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Does Rugby Ralph Lauren sometimes use the same RRL stamp as double rl? I ask because I found a belt that had the RRL stamp in the leather, along with 'made in USA' -- but doesn't appear to be of quite the same quality as the nice vintage-style RRL belts. Also, it looks new, not vintage or distressed.

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ No. Rugby is not RRL.

5. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Thanks. It's this one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

7. BredOx

BredOx Member

After looking at those pictures, I literally despise everything about you. RRL jeans should not be sagged 1//2 way down your ass. Pull up your damn pants. You look like a fool. Please go back to (or find your way to) hypebeast and never ever ever show your face here again.
    [​IMG]

I really wanted a pair of RRLs and they didnt have my size so I had to go one size up...But my RRLs are meant to be worn to my liking and if I feel my jeans feel most comfortable when sagged like that, then thats how I'll wear them...

8. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

RRL stores in NY were at 30% off for shipyard, Taos, and American Grafitti. Key West and the core line (denim, chinos, shorts, etc) and accessories were excluded.

9. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

I really wanted a pair of RRLs and they didnt have my size so I had to go one size up...But my RRLs are meant to be worn to my liking and if I feel my jeans feel most comfortable when sagged like that, then thats how I'll wear them...

You just HAD to buy $300+ jeans that you openly admit aren't even your correct size? Makes perfect sense to me.

10. BredOx

BredOx Member

You just HAD to buy $300+ jeans that you openly admit aren't even your correct size? Makes perfect sense to me.

they werent 300+ and I was hoping a hot soak would do them some good....

11. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Why the hate for BredOx? Who cares how he wears his jeans.

12. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Thoughts on the new Key West collection? Any standout pieces?
    I saw a cool pair of officer chino shorts with a small anchor above the back pocket. I believe they were a stone color. Anybody know if they typically makes these shorts in other colors?

13. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

I sincerely doubt the reason you wear your pants like that is because it's "most comfortable."

14. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Sounds like you got a mistagged pair. Picked up a pair today and they are 16.25" across the waist and exactly 30" inseam. Great M-51 cargo pants especially at 40% off.

Had a pair of the current RRL cargo pants shipped to me in a size 30x30. They're HUGE. Not just a little big, but way way too big. The waist actually measures a size 34 - four inches bigger than marked. They were also at least two inches too long. What's up with RRL sizing? Just ridiculous.

15. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i'm 32 in chinos, 31 in slim, and 30 in straight leg....