• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my company is very casual but the rick stuff is not classically formal so i don't think single or double matters that much it really only effects the fit and they are all one button anyway

Nimzerz

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a pair of Rick ramones for sale size 44. Blistered leather Raccagni zips and nearly no heel drag. Looking for 600. Pm me if interested...
got a grailed listing up for em atm. Trying to sell asap.

fishtacologin

Reaction score
What are the differences between LG (full grain lamb) and LP (hammered lamb)? I often see them compared hand in hand and even mistaken for one another.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hammered lamb is more crinkly or crackled i would say where the full grain is more a traditional leather

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
hammered lamb is more crinkly or crackled i would say where the full grain is more a traditional leather
Is it really crinkly? Like...the word makes me hear the sound of crumpling paper, and that's definitely not how it feels. My reference here is a '09 Crust hammered lamb intarsia. I can see cracked or crackled, though I really just feel it's a matter of how light bounces off the material. In some places its shinier than in other places. If anyone here has ever seen or used a hammered wok....well, that's it.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mine are pretty crinkly

fishtacologin

Reaction score

Thanks for the response. Could you also tell me what you think of the condition of this hammered lamb intarsia? http://imgur.com/a/q6kos

I believe it is from Crust '09. The owner described white stains on the shoulder and cut threads on an internal pocket zipper shown in the third photo

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i can't see the white stains but it looks ok otherwise. some jerk off on ebay is selling a geo covered in sharpie for $900. i don't know what people do to their belongings

fishtacologin

Reaction score

i can't see the white stains but it looks ok otherwise. some jerk off on ebay is selling a geo covered in sharpie for $900. i don't know what people do to their belongings

Wow I have to see that. Thanks again for the response man!

singsong

Reaction score
Interesting, I had thought my LG stooges was hammered... I too would like to get my hands on a hammered lamb jacket now, I think the crinkle effect sounds pretty cool.

Wish there was anywhere around here that stocked Rick so I could better decide what I'd like to incorporate into my wardrobe.

s3lam

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of ramones from Farfetch and wanted to share my experience. Shipping was super fast. Ordered on Thursday and got them today (Monday)

They came in this box.

Here are the shoes.

I was scared of stories where people ordered from Farfetch and getting something totally different. Luckily I was ok. But I noticed this and was not aware of this from the pics on the site. I can live with it but wish pics showed this.

Anyhow overall it was a great experience. I would probably use them again.

infinii

Reaction score
I'm totally torn between choosing between the mainline leather ramone vs a waxed cotton drkshdw ramone. I like the lines of the drkshdw better because it has an extra lace hole which means a taller, sleeker/slimmer look. The shaft of the mainline looks wide and short.

But it's mainline vs drkshdw and leather vs canvas. I can buy immediately but have been contemplating for over 2 weeks now. Arghhh!!!

If it makes any difference, I already have a pair of the black/white fw15 geos.

singsong

Reaction score
I'm totally torn between choosing between the mainline leather ramone vs a waxed cotton drkshdw ramone. I like the lines of the drkshdw better because it has an extra lace hole which means a taller, sleeker/slimmer look. The shaft of the mainline looks wide and short.

But it's mainline vs drkshdw and leather vs canvas. I can buy immediately but have been contemplating for over 2 weeks now. Arghhh!!!

If it makes any difference, I already have a pair of the black/white fw15 geos.

If material alone seems to be holding you back, you already have some leather rick shoes, and you like the slimmer look I would go for the drkshdw. Leather shoes are fantastic and all, but I still like canvas shoes in a lot of rick fits, especially sweats/drkshdw in general.

In other news I have had 2 (!!!) different parties refund me purchases on creepers in the past few days. I seem to have exhausted the used market supply, so if anyone has a pair (reverse or regular leather) in 43 that they want to sell, send me a PM please. Need boots for an event next month.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the coat/cardigan is in this pic?

edit: pretty sure it's the limo peacoat / cardigan with a belt. the styling is just really deceptively good here

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads