• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official New York Shopping + Dining Thread

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are tickets for the "Book of Mormon" so ******* expensive?

Is it that good?

I don't know how to get my hands on a pair.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jil S/OC - 35 Howard Street, New York, NY
Uniqlo – 546 Broadway
IF - 94 Grand Street New York, NY 10013
Aloha Rag – 505 Greenwich Street New York, NY 10013
Atelier - 304 Hudson Street New York, NY 10013
Patron – 151 Franklin St. NY NY 10013
Proj. no 8 – 38 Orchard Street New York, NY 10002
Tokio 7 – 83 E 7th St(between 2nd Ave & 1st Ave)
Jeffrey - 449 West 14th Street New York, NY 10014
CDG - 520 W 22nd St ((between 10th Ave & 11th Ave))
Jil Sander – 818 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10075
Barney’s- 660 Madison Ave, New York, 10065
Uniqlo - 666 5th Avenue at 53rd Street, New York, NY 10103
Nepenthes - 307 West 38th St. New York, NY 10018

map

http://g.co/maps/xsh8f

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
solid list. should add the new dior homme pop up in soho, I think it's on varick? could be wrong, it's around there though. also maybe that silent pop up if it's still around.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
it is indeed on greene. i visited yesterday...i don't think it's worth going to, tbh. They have some older season stuff from like 08, but eh...

CDG store is definitely worth checking out if you're in chelsea. really cool looking place, but it's kinda away from everything else.

Bergdorf is pretty close to Barney's. Just walk a block towards fifth avenue and down a few streets. if you're in the neighborhood, it's worth checking out. it's right next to the apple store too. the store looks nice, but their men's buys aren't that great imo. maybe you'll find something you like there, though. might be nice to check out if you're looking for a fragrance, though. between barney's and bergdorf, you'll be able to try most fragrances worth buying. there's a huge douchebag in the suit's section at barney's. he's on the lower level for men's suits. i think it's the 7th floor? i forget. the top floor is for better suits, and the lower one is for midtier. there's a nice cuban hole in the wall if you're looking for some cheap eats...it's called tina's...56th between 5th and 6th i think? though if you're ballin', you'll probably want to get a nice prix fixe lunch somewhere (there's always nougatine, bouley, and other places for lunch) :foo:

If you're in the mood for a beer, definitely check out the ginger man on 36th between 5th and madison. if you're downtown, there's also the blind tiger ale house, but i think the ginger man is infinitely superior. also closer to k-town...:foo:

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hotoveli
271 West 4th Street New York, NY 10014

Comme De Garcons Black
112 Tenth Ave., New York, NY 10011

Rick Owens NYC
250 Hudson St
New York, NY 10013

Y-3
92 Greene St
New York, NY 10012

Patrick Stephan
72 green st 1st floor

Silent (temporary)
22D Howard St

Barneys co-op
116 wooster st

Surface 2 air
27 mercer St

can we get some good restaurant info? preferably vegetarian or italian food.

I usually just crash Ferrara or chinese food in elizabeth/mott when im hungry and then smoke the rest of the day to kill my hunger. Also, address of temp DIOR spot?

Last edited:

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Barneys co-op
116 wooster st
can we get some good restaurant info? preferably vegetarian or italian food.
I usually just crash Ferrara or chinese food in elizabeth/mott when im hungry and then smoke the rest of the day to kill my hunger. Also, address of temp DIOR spot?

I'm pretty sure this co-op location is women's only. You're better off going to the one on 18th. St. between 7th Ave and 8th Ave.

Went to Aldea for dinner on Saturday. If you haven't heard of it, it's an Iberian (Portuguese/Spanish) place. Got croquetas de bacalhau to start and they were delicious. For the main dish, I had arroz de pato, which is a plate of rice with Spanish chorizo, olives, and duck cracklings with some slices of duck on top. It's kinda become their signature dish, and it's delicious. They also have an awesome lunch deal: $24 for three courses, Monday-Friday, all year (most places only do that deal during restaurant week).

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm doing these places for my NYC trip this week.

1. Red Farm
2. Danji
3. Le Bernardin
4. Sushi of Gari

Recommend me a good italian spot.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Judging by where you're already going you can spend some money, so for Italian, a great option is Del Posto. If you can get into Babbo instead i've heard you should do that, but I've never been because it's a pain in the rear to get in. Some other options for Italian: Bar Buto, Maialino, Marea (sea food, as the name indicates). If you can do the tasting at Torrisi Italian Specialties it's apparently very impressive, but getting a spot can be diffiult. I've also heard Peasant is really good.

If you want something a little cheaper, I really like Otto. It's another Mario Battali spot, his low-key pizza place to be exact. Pasta and pizza are cheap but good, they have plenty of anitpasti too, and a really extensive wine list. Last time I was there Battali was at the table next to me.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on fun stuff to do?

On the list:
Sleep No More
Yankees Game
MoMA

Already done:
Staten Island Ferry
Empire State Building
High Line (will do this again)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics