• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to see Diaz rematch Robbie Lawler or Diego Sanchez.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fok is correct.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most bizarre fight and post-fight interview I've ever seen. Is Silva trolling us?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's his fighting style and it back fired. It's really that simple.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's his fighting style and it back fired. It's really that simple.

No it's not. That straight armed no hip rotation hook was not enough to knock out a high school kid let alone Silva. Go back and look at the fight, Silva didn't throw a single closed fist punch because he wanted to lose. The guy is transcendent.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to go so far as to call the fight a work, but Silva clearly didn't want to be there last night. His bobbing and weaving has a purpose -- to discombobulate his opponents and set up his counters. When have you ever seen him imitate the "stanky leg," stick his chin out, and not throw counters? I think if he had been caught, he would have requested the immediate rematch he was promised.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Skip to 5:00, interview was the 4th.

For those who don't want to watch:
>What is your perfect fight?
>Chris Weidman is the best in the world! Chris Weidman is the new champion!!!

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just watched the highlight. Maybe silva did throw the fight. Maybe silva is one fry shirt of a happy meal. Not sure what to think.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it is both. He's not driven by the same narcissism and greed that keeps Mayweather going so he decided he's done with the title fights.

PrimusPilus

Reaction score
The whole thing is fishy to me. Before the fight, Dana was saying that if Silva lost, he'd get an immediate rematch, and everyone was talking up Weidman. Silva even said something to the effect that he just wanted to come out of the fight uninjured. Maybe I'm cynical, but maybe the UFC had in mind setting up bigger PPV buys with a rematch? I think if Silva had wanted to win that fight, he would have.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That would be horrible if the fight was fixed. Even with Silva being a counter striker he seemed to be doing more than fine with Weidman. I felt like if he wanted to take to Weidman he could have maybe he did really want to lose because of the pressure and commitments of holding the belt.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry to derail the thread but I figured this might have something to do with MMA...
fing02[1].gif
X-post from the other thread.

I'm trying to decide which heavy bag/stand combo I should buy. Any suggestions? I was looking at this one but the ring that holds the chain looks really thin and flimsy. I'm afraid it will break after prolonged use.
http://www.titlemma.com/p_DTHBS+1.aspx#

Also, this one too.
http://www.amazon.com/Weider-390-Power-Tower-Home/dp/B0050P21Y8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I've read some reviews saying the spring holding the bag breaks after a few months of usage and also, the bag will likely tear after a few months of use. I'm thinking you can have parts and the bag replaced with relative ease?

Also, a member on here mentioned the Century Cornerman. Can anyone speak about the quality?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads