1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

+++++ the official KICHI STORE thread +++++

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Dec 6, 2011.

1. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

have you managed to find some of those buttero 2904 cusv01 nero thats been sold out everywhere? been googling here and there and that particular model seems to be out of stock

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

they appear to be sold out on Japanese websites too, probably an older model. If they have them at the Buttero store they're gonna be another 10,000Y more, like 60,000Y. That's a lot of money for Butteros, do not recommend.

3. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

I'm looking for a good gyuto to start. I have a set of Shun classics that I've been using for a while, but would like to upgrade to something more unique.

I would love to get my hands on something like a Hattori KD or alternatives of similar quality using a steel of similar hardness.

Not sure if knives would be cheaper just buying through a site such as http://japanesechefsknife.com/ with how strong then yen is right now though...

4. impolyt_one

a thousand bucks, wow. That is high for any knife. haha.

Yahoo JP answers actually brought up the Hattori KD recommended alongside the Zwilling Henckels M66 and MD67 and finally the Tsukasa Hinoura ZDP189, which are much cheaper. The person recommending actually ends up telling the asker to try the ZDP189 (here: http://japanesechefsknife.com/SPECIALS.html)

http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1325573328

Really Japanese knives, like tool knives with asymmetric blades, non-glamourous handles, and pure forged carbon steel blades - these things look ugly but they are the ultimate knives if you can or even have a use for them... (I don't, I'd be happier with that ZDP189, myself)

5. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

yeah I figured. I`ll save the money to get a toj peacoat instead :D

6. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  7. impolyt_one

christ, that is kwilk's left nut.

I do like the 'forever' aspect of these knives too. In the Japanese kitchen there are tools and artifacts that qualify for timelessness, which is a 180 from the rest of the industries and businesses in Japan - most of the rest of Japan Inc has made their names and fortunes on planned obsolescence....

8. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Are there more normal looking sidezips available over there Drew? Or do I have to just wait for MMM to release another black pair without weird treatments.

10. impolyt_one

have you called the MMM store? Sometimes the non weird colors of staple items are offered alongside the seasonal weird colors, like black 5 zip and weird colored 5 zip, white GATs and weird GATs - all limited obviously. There are probably a few sidezip boots here obviously, but I just worry they're not gonna satisfy you if you're set on this MMM sidezip thing, that is a somewhat unique boot.

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Ehh doesn't have to be MMM, just something sans extra distressing/weird materials/funky shapes. TBH a majority of the Guidi/Carpe/whatever else things I've seen posted are hideous to me and look handmade in a bad way. APC had a basic side zip worked that seemed OK, but heard bad things about the quality - granted it was available much cheaper (and made it to sales). I might take a chance on a random Yoox brand. If all else fails I'll give them a call.

12. 510kut

510kut Senior member

A gyuto would be a great place to start its pretty much equivalent to a chef's knive. Unless you already have a purpose in mind for a more specific type of knife. I've bought from japanesechefknives.com before great service. I also really like these guys. http://www.watanabeblade.com/english/ I ended up getting a kurochi gyuto from them.

13. impolyt_one

japanesechefknives.com is a lot cheaper than the list prices on Hattori's site for the KD's - crazy. Almost half if you factor in fees and shipping.

14. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Okie dokieee D:

15. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

what do you think of the comme ca ism/commune brand? Looking for a slim fitting blazer + some dress shirts

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  16. impolyt_one

^ comme ca has always been very cheap, like H+M prices. They were doing super cheap fast fashion clothes before it even really exploded over the past decade. You usually don't find interesting design twists or high quality construction/fabrics at that price point, you gotta go a bit higher.
    In my experience you can sometimes get passable dress shirts here in Japan for about 7,000Y if you look around and they're on sale, and maybe find a blazer for 25,000Y if on sale.

Did you guys see this? MacRumors on the Apple lucky bags they had here for New Year's, lol. I should've gone out and gotten one since they were putting MB Airs into some of theml. I thought SF would appreciate this because none of the MacRumors people knew/realized the bag itself is a Porter tote that is worth most of what the ticket cost.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1302122

2 people like this.
  17. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Drew

Can you recommend a knife for about $200 or less to fillet salmon or sharp knife to slice meat thinly ?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  18. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

19. jaac

jaac Senior member

UC s/s 10 water print backpack grail status!

20. jet

jet Senior member

Ok so I had a crisis at the end of last week where I was looking for something very specific for my Arrowhead trip which is this weekend. We need sounds for the cabin since there is no stereo there and I checked out the apple store for possible dock/speaker solutions that were portable as fuck but nothing pleased my corneal palate. I found something that I wanted and realized it was only available in japan and thought how the fuck am I gonna cop this shit and have it in a week. Then it hit me, fucking Drew and Rei my transatlantic saviors who else? I shot D an email and he responded right away because well we all know dat niqqa doesn't sleep anyway and said he'd look into it. Before I knew it I had a response and an eta to him so I was ok great but can you get that shit to me by Friday (today). He said he would try since EMS basically shits all over every other courier option. Fast forward to today, Thursday mind you, and I got it so basically 3 days to Socal plus he sent me a free pair of raf pants! Nah, those are Kelvin's which he kindly combined with my package since K's a cheapskate. Plugged it in and it's exactly what I'd hoped for, can't believe this shit even came a day early. Now I got sounds wherever I'm traveling to thanks again homie.

[​IMG]

Service - A
    Communication - A
    Efficiency - A
    Swag - Off da charts

Now I'm looking for more shit to cop since my cop powers have been extended to the land of the rising sun.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    6 people like this.