1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

+++++ the official KICHI STORE thread +++++

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Dec 6, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Just copped some cool cheap beater shoes, and some extras in case they run out - Monochrome black suede Authentics on CP soles. Only in size 41 and 42 (I think they might run a half size small though) - pm me if interested, they're gonna be the best non-baller sneaker ever, JP exclusive.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

3. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

[​IMG]

^ drew can get you this gorgeous coffee machine. its no marzocco nor is it a hario v60, but it doesn't get any more pretty minimalist than this.

4. impolyt_one

What is that? (I don't drink coffee :eek: )

5. cowsareforeating

its just a normal drip coffee machine, just super elegant.

6. impolyt_one

Yeah I know man, but what brand?

7. cowsareforeating

plusminus0

japan. Once i pay off my cc bill ima get me one of those drew

8. impolyt_one

oh good call, plus minus zero makes great stuff. I recommended their humidifer earlier in the thread, looks like big moonstone or something. Gone are the days of ugly humidifiers.

You guys should note that Japan is on 100V and electronics can run fine in North America, if you were unsure. Europe is different I guess.

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Do you have easy access to a lot of +-0? I really want some of that stuff, looks great. hot water dispenser would be cool to have, their electric kettle is sleek too

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  10. cowsareforeating

sorry drew i know u no like americana but these are pretty nice knits from mindtrive who WILL be having a sale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. impolyt_one

lol, I don't mind Americana. I wear it, mostly. and Mindtrive is mostly a borderline fashion/gothninja store...

12. impolyt_one

Yeah it's sold in a few places, and they have their own stores as well. Nicely designed small lifestyle appliances like they have here make a big difference if you're consciously decorating your room because they kinda litter your space - they are harder to find in America but there are plenty of 'cute' things like that here. Good design is always an option when it comes to this stuff.

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

mindtrive is cool

14. cowsareforeating

yo you should start a japan-only webstore/instore tumblr dump along with promotions. would help alot of people realize the potential in what you're offering. just sayin

15. impolyt_one

I would, though I'm happy to just let this Kichi shop kinda exist low-key for people who can find it here and know what it is. It doesn't make enough money to be considered a job, but I've been appreciating seeing and handling some clothes I don't normally own or go look at. Sometimes I learn something new. I don't have much to do in Japan in the daytime, so it's a free time thing, but probably not full-time.

16. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Do you know anything about Japanese chef's knives dismal?

17. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

If anyone from socal/anywhere else wants to split shipping with me, send me a PM!

18. fobe46

fobe46 Senior member

Any pics of the sneakers? Price?

19. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Just wanted to mention that my experience with Kichi is top-notch so far, but that's to be expected ... :worship:

20. impolyt_one

I do a little bit, but Rei knows a lot more and has gone to culinary school. Her mom is a test chef as well, so that is her domain. What kind of knives would you be interested in? Obviously there's quite a selection...

You guys not interested in cooking, but still interested in the idea of owning a Japanese blade - there are some great little traditional utility knives with interesting handle motifs, many very primitive. I saw some out of Fukushima and here in Tokyo, Setagaya, that looked really, really cool. About 15,000Y each, heirloom quality type curiosities that would make a nice desk knife or something.

:worship: thank you sirs for your business. I am prepping some packages for shipping and trying to get people decided on their shipping runs here this week, got a few packages to send.

To the ballers who are interested in having full collections when they drop - S/S will begin dropping at the stores in a week or so and then release gradually every month for the next few months.