• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We finally managed an evening away from parent duty last night. Hit up Ambar in Capitol Hill and just took advantage of their $49.99 all you can eat service.

Dressed for the occasion.
IMG_1977.jpeg
IMG_1945.jpeg
IMG_1909_jpg.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long ride on apparently Tulip Day! Winds at 25 and gusting over 40 were a bit rough. Better tomorrow.

IMG_8180.jpeg IMG_8177.jpeg IMG_8185.jpeg IMG_8184.jpeg IMG_8174.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long ride on apparently Tulip Day! Winds at 25 and gusting over 40 were a bit rough. Better tomorrow.

View attachment 2166505 View attachment 2166507 View attachment 2166509 View attachment 2166511 View attachment 2166513

Yeah I just popped to five guys on the Vespa and it was pretty stout for sure.

ETA: wore my new Thursday cafe jacket. They're doing a warehouse clear-out due to an impending move and good LORD it was $250, arrived in a DAY, and it's easily on par with the stuff we were looking at in Florence (Peruzzi) last year. Probably won't be a regular for me for riding since it's pretty thin (lambskin not cowhide) compared to my Gustins but it's glorious. Easily worth what they're asking on full price day, but if you're in the market and now works for a buy, don't dawdle.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to this opening in fall

Old house provisions
Interesting. I'm sure that the owner has done his due diligence, but I'm not sure that the market for business dress/classic tailoring in DC is back to pre-pandemic levels or if it will ever return.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm sure that the owner has done his due diligence, but I'm not sure that the market for business dress/classic tailoring in DC is back to pre-pandemic levels or if it will ever return.
Agreed. But it doesn’t seem like it will be exclusive to classic tailoring based on some of the brands being mentioned. Viberg, DBF, etc.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, looks like it's going to be more than bespoke shoes?
I suspect it’d be quite difficult to run a business in Alexandria with Alexandria rents on just bespoke shoes.

And the price of bespoke shoes probably won’t be cheap. I wonder how much he’ll charge.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will return for sure, I'm hopeful. Being in the city centre today, I noticed a lot more nice suits and men with proper dress shoes and not those cole haan things.

Edwardthomlin

Reaction score
All the more reason for us to support the store when it opens! Hopefully they will be able to do Ring Jacket trunk shows here.

I ordered this MTM Purple Label jacket back in February at the Ralph Lauren store in Tysons Galleria. I’m pretty pleased with the results! We are shortening the sleeves about half an inch and changing the buttons, but otherwise the fit is great. They had a promotion at the time for a free MTM shirt, which has yet to arrive from Italy.

IMG_4039.jpeg

Hilltern

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good cobbler to recommend? I just got a pair of loafers and am looking to get some sole protectors fitted and pick up whatever else I may need in shoe care (but am also ignorant in what I’ll need so looking for the one stop shop with knowledge I can trust, even if it is more than buying stuff on Amazon or DIY).

Edwardthomlin

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good cobbler to recommend? I just got a pair of loafers and am looking to get some sole protectors fitted and pick up whatever else I may need in shoe care (but am also ignorant in what I’ll need so looking for the one stop shop with knowledge I can trust, even if it is more than buying stuff on Amazon or DIY).

I’ve always used Bedo’s but I know people have had good experiences with Aram the Cobbler.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads