• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
I had a blue Fossil watch in college still have it laying around. looked a bit like this (though darker):
1594916704464.png

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knocked out an urban ride today. Up past Capitol Hill to around Union Market and then M through Georgetown and back to Arlington. Looks like Clyde’s in Georgetown is still open. No outside seating, though, so no visits from me. Martin’s Tavern expanded out in to the street which was was cool. Will go there.

1BDE89B3-0A92-452C-9FFD-72115A206B5E.jpeg

Paul Stuart still replacing windows from protests. Workers actively replacing some today. Store is on corner and was going to get smashed no matter what. @clee1982

DA00169B-8B38-4E95-A323-E95EC8A37A86.jpeg

Burberry did the smart thing and tastefully got rid of their windows. The cross-hatch woodwork is all new and used to be glass.

CC6658E1-56C4-462C-8CDD-DCF4FE04D014.jpeg

Canali painted their plywood and it’s ugly.

7527F379-8C24-4BD2-B9D7-365ABAF48DB0.jpeg

Line at Gucci today.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't fountain pens pose the risk of leaking? Not sure I would take the risk for a pen I'm carrying around (as opposed to be using at home exclusively).
Some can give you problems when flying because of pressure changes but that's really overblown. Either empty the pen or make sure it is full.

If I could carry a fountain pen all though grade and middle school without issue, you shouldn't have any problems
i personally stay away from those for this reason... dont want to get dressed up in my nice suit and then have ink all over it.

feel that those might be good to have on a nice executive desk for show

If you are using "modern" fountain pens, there shouldn't be any leaking issues (at ground level), unless you forget to put the cap back on. I used to own a few FPs from the 1930s. Those were, umm, "incontinent" so I traded and sold those off.

Never had issues with pressure in the pens during flying, but those trips were on 777s and 747s. Maybe smaller planes have more drastic changes?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a pic for the Styleforum affiliate contest thing. Just got the Ring Jacket s/c back from tailor and love it. Basically just had to adjust the sleeves as the Model 3 fits very well. Looks a bit rumpled while sitting when buttoned of course. @TheSuitBurnsBetter is right. Took me four tries to get my tie knot correct.

IMG_0866.jpg

And new shirt from NMWA

IMG_0878.jpg

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a pic for the Styleforum affiliate contest thing. Just got the Ring Jacket s/c back from tailor and love it. Basically just had to adjust the sleeves as the Model 3 fits very well. Looks a bit rumpled while sitting when buttoned of course. @TheSuitBurnsBetter is right. Took me four tries to get my tie know correct.

And new shirt from NMWA

Ring Jacket FTW! Looks great.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a pic for the Styleforum affiliate contest thing. Just got the Ring Jacket s/c back from tailor and love it. Basically just had to adjust the sleeves as the Model 3 fits very well. Looks a bit rumpled while sitting when buttoned of course. @TheSuitBurnsBetter is right. Took me four tries to get my tie know correct.

View attachment 1425262

And new shirt from NMWA

View attachment 1425261

Be sure to model the Carrara and the Ring Jacket side by side when you get a chance.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
Does anyone notice how clothes appear differently on the computer and in real life? Any way to improve the discrepancy between these?

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone notice how clothes appear differently on the computer and in real life? Any way to improve the discrepancy between these?
Be a 6'2" model.

^ This, and also buy from NMWA - I think the clothing colors in the website photos most closely match "reality" than any other store from which I've purchased.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start going to the gym? ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads