• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been working with Mclean Furniture Gallery and narrowed my choices down to three sofas. Bova furniture is too futuristic for my taste. Would like to get your thoughts on these couches and what goes best with the accent pieces. I'm only interested in the styling, disregard the default colors in the pictures.

Sofa

A
View attachment 1424455
B
View attachment 1424456
C

View attachment 1424457

Accent Pieces

View attachment 1424460
View attachment 1424461
Couch A is the coolest. It would match the end table if table were a complimentary color.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cream Ivory sofa with Aqua/Green Pillows. I think the Purple and white hopsack will be a small accent pillow to give it a hint of color. I originally had the Aqua / Green fabric as the sofa but the showroom said the fabric pills and is better suited for pillows. Hence the cream ivory sofa...….

Thoughts
Aqua seems like it's coming back into style from earlier decades which makes it slightly faddish. You might get tired of it quickly. Cream Ivory is fairly timeless. I've always preferred furniture in solid colors with accents (rugs, pillows, throws, etc.) in more complicated patterns.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think BoConcept was having a 15% off sale recently, not sure if it's still happening, but it's MTO and takes 8-12 weeks to be delivered. We love our Parma couch from them, Alicante dining table, and Vienna dining chairs.

They're pricey, but worlds better than the CB2 I've had for 5 years.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been working with Mclean Furniture Gallery and narrowed my choices down to three sofas. Bova furniture is too futuristic for my taste. Would like to get your thoughts on these couches and what goes best with the accent pieces. I'm only interested in the styling, disregard the default colors in the pictures.

Sofa

A
View attachment 1424455
B
View attachment 1424456
C

View attachment 1424457

Accent Pieces

View attachment 1424460
View attachment 1424461

I like the third couch best, then the first. Don't love the lawn chair, though.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think BoConcept was having a 15% off sale recently, not sure if it's still happening, but it's MTO and takes 8-12 weeks to be delivered. We love our Parma couch from them, Alicante dining table, and Vienna dining chairs.

They're pricey, but worlds better than the CB2 I've had for 5 years.

Brick and Mortar stores offer larger discounts, 30 - 50%, off the MSRP. Boconcept only offers 15% during certain periods.....

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brick and Mortar stores offer larger discounts, 30 - 50%, off the MSRP. Boconcept only offers 15% during certain periods.....

Yep, that's true. They do have floor model sales as well which can give 30-70% off retail and no waiting periods.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
I think the bolded bit is nonsense. There are some watches (seiko/orient) come to mind, that you just cannot wind manually. But a hamilton auto should be able to be wound manually without issue to the movement. Just give it 10 or 12 winds forward and get it going.

you know how you have a sore throat and google it? Some page will say it is cancer...
Same with this... I heard weird sound. Googled it. Most pages came ok, some pages came with horror stories.
Are they true? Perhaps in some rare situation it was some type of damage. Mostly not.
Can I swing my arm few times to wind it and totally avoid the issue? Absolutely... so why not.

My Hamilton Pan Europ makes a weird sound when I hand-wind it when completely unwound. Just sounds like the loose spring tightening up.
I think it is common across Hamiltons...

Are you guys into furniture? I’m looking to procure a nice sofa for my space.
Already got the camera set up and now just need a leather sofa? I see most pros use black leather ones..

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already got the camera set up and now just need a leather sofa? I see most pros use black leather ones..
4778AC94-AC2A-4228-A2E7-5A63B7A202F2.gif

Last edited:

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sofa

A
View attachment 1424455
B
View attachment 1424456
C

View attachment 1424457

Accent Pieces

View attachment 1424460
View attachment 1424461

Agree with the others on A or C, with a slight preference for C.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just realized I'll have to dress up from the waist up next week. I have a prehearing video conference. I haven't put on a tie in four months. Crazy.
Practice that knot, my friend. It's not like riding a bike. You actually do forget. And if you're going to forgo pants, remember to not stand up in the middle of the hearing.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Practice that knot, my friend. It's not like riding a bike. You actually do forget. And if you're going to forgo pants, remember to not stand up in the middle of the hearing.

I'll wear the pants. Most of my ties are Hobers, so the knot usually is great no matter what I do, but I'll give myself a some extra time to get it right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads