• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a linen chore jacket from Pvt White VC. Can wear it with shorts. Wears very cool.

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
Double breasted suits feel that way. I used to wear mine more often when everyone around me was suited up. Now I might as well wear a clown suit. I got quizzical looks just wearing a tie today.

I think it will even out in time. Can’t see DC changing the suit culture too much. Hoping guys will want to suit-up, at least a bit, next year.

Wearing my NMWA tobacco linen suit tomorrow sans tie. Will be too rainy to cycle.
@smittycl Did you get the just-in Carrara?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@smittycl Did you get the just-in Carrara?
Just got the tobacco linen Carrara back from my tailor today. Needed sleeve buttons sewn on but no sleeve alterations, waist brought in a hair, and pant legs hemmed. Wearing it to work tomorrow and will post pics.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got the tobacco linen Carrara back from my tailor today. Needed sleeve buttons sewn on but no sleeve alterations, waist brought in a hair, and pant legs hemmed. Wearing it to work tomorrow and will post pics.
Also, my tailor pressed the left (as worn) lapel a bit for me. Pic below is suit straight from the box. Buttonhole is thickly stitched and was pulling the lapel into true 3-button configuation instaed of 3x2 roll. Pressing fixed it nicely.

1596487931410.png

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I did not enjoy my time at Mason.
Undergrad or law?

Can we all agree that SBB is the funniest member in this thread on top of being able to bust my chops over and over?

Planning on selling our house next Spring and have begun our home renovation project. We bought everything needed to paint our kitchen cabinets. The most important and the only rule is that I cannot paint per my wife's orders. I can sand and do other things but no painting based on my previous work.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out the pic from the Bier Garten in Clarendon. New ordinance from Arlington County. Another reason why wifey and I stay away from the 20-somethings.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out the pic from the Bier Garten in Clarendon. New ordinance from Arlington County. Another reason why wifey and I stay away from the 20-somethings.

:(

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 7.43.03 PM.png

1596498336974.png

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all are some smart folks. GMU Law is top 25 give or take 5?

Edit: What the heck happened to the ranking? The law school used to be like #23 but now it has dropped to #42.
It’s super influential. Justice Thomas & kavanaugh teach courses there. My only con law professor was Naomi rao who’s now on the DC circuit court.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads