• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The president can absolutely and legally send troops into states uninvited.
I don't think it's that cut and dried. Yes, there is the Insurrection Act but the legal challenges and non-cooperation at State/Local level would hamper any deployment.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Youre moving the goalpost. The comment was "Trump cannot send the military into a state unless invited to do so by the governor"
Yeah, you’re likely right.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
You won't get a discount at the Omega boutique. Go across the highway to the other mall and go to Lenkersdorfer (sp?). You should get a discount on the same watch over there.

Oh yeah, I see it on the official Omega site as AD... Thank you for heads up. Can't hurt to ask for a discount :)

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Nothing major. I've had it for ... 15-ish years now and it's finally started to run about 30sec slow per day. Just wanted to get a normal service.
ummm not bad to be honest... i prob wont even notice it and just assume that I was not moving too much.. kind of "forgiveness" for automatic watch

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seems like it is no longer the case... or maybe i can't negotiate.
In a process of buying Omega Seamaster at the moment (I was suppose to stop by AD in Tysons before all this pandemic took place) Best they could offer me was free stuff like crappy pen and a hat. Not even NATO strap.

that's the place: https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/store/storedetails/7270

That seems to be a factory store. They won't discount. Go to an authorized dealer. I think https://liljenquistbeckstead.com has a Tyson's location.

Also, try to play two dealers off against each other like a car purchase. You might be able to get a little better deal once you have one in hand. Obviously, they will only discount in-stock watches. If they have to special order it, you won't get deal.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That seems to be a factory store. They won't discount. Go to an authorized dealer. I think https://liljenquistbeckstead.com has a Tyson's location.

Also, try to play two dealers off against each other like a car purchase. You might be able to get a little better deal once you have one in hand. Obviously, they will only discount in-stock watches. If they have to special order it, you won't get deal.

The Galleria location for that dealer doesn't carry Omega (probably because it's right across the hall from the Omega boutique).

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ummm not bad to be honest... i prob wont even notice it and just assume that I was not moving too much.. kind of "forgiveness" for automatic watch

Yep, no complaints. My Hamilton was my first automatic and I wore it basically every day for the first decade I owned it. Sadly it doesn't get much action now since I have an Omega and Rolex.

dc_slicker

Reaction score

excellent feedback! Just sent them an email with my interest... and yes, good idea to play with ADs... in the end i will get the warranty from Omega so I don't have to worry about anything and if in the process, i can get a better price even better!

Already got a reply from benchmark jewelers: "Thank you for contacting Benchmark jewelers for your next time piece, good news we have this omega timepiece diver 300M in stock and it’s retail for $5200. we are running a limited time offer with a purchase of any Swiss luxury time piece we are offering a complimentary watch winder and a pair of white sapphire gift studs that’s a total of $500 value of gifts."

Not like i need studs, but hey, already got a watch winder which is already better than going to Omega boutique

dc_slicker

Reaction score
The Galleria location for that dealer doesn't carry Omega (probably because it's right across the hall from the Omega boutique).
Correct... I was actually in that shop to compare Tudor BB58 against Omega Seamaster side by side and they said that they don't have Omega as Omega boutique is literally next door.
I contacted Vienna location.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Yep, no complaints. My Hamilton was my first automatic and I wore it basically every day for the first decade I owned it. Sadly it doesn't get much action now since I have an Omega and Rolex.
which models of Omega and Rolex do you have? Since I am interested in Seamaster, just curious how it compares

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which models of Omega and Rolex do you have? Since I am interested in Seamaster, just curious how it compares

040820.jpg

110619.3.jpg

Which Seamaster are you looking at? I love the Aqua Terra I have, although I'm less enamored with the current model that has horizontal striping on the dial. I think modern Omegas stack up pretty well against Rolex from a technology/movement standpoint, but I don't like any of the Omega divers aesthetically as much as the Sub.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
View attachment 1399769

View attachment 1399770

Which Seamaster are you looking at? I love the Aqua Terra I have, although I'm less enamored with the current model that has horizontal striping on the dial. I think modern Omegas stack up pretty well against Rolex from a technology/movement standpoint, but I don't like any of the Omega divers aesthetically as much as the Sub.
Gorgeous

that’s the one that I like. Those waves

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Just got an email from AD about this watch
“yes I do have this watch in stock. Retail is:$5,200. Your price:$4,300. The shop is currently closed but we can make an appointment if you want to purchase. Please let me know if you have any questions. Best regards, Farrokh”
Like he said it retails for 5,200 and Jomashop has it for 3,995 at the moment though I am not comfortable buying from them since it would not come with factory warranty.

Is it too good true to be true? Wondering if he is going to sneak in slightly used watch to me or something equally shady.
Few AD responded as well but no one with that good of a deal. Most had no break just threw in some free stuff like watch winder.

That’s the AD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads