• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rojalaw

Reaction score
Drake's is really trying the patience these days. Still haven't received a reply from Drake's HQ to my email about why the discount code for the "sale" doesn't work for my local currency (Canadian). I've tried switching to US$ (and, as some have said above, the code will work then) but when I go to check out I am not permitted to ship to Canada. And since the sale ends tomorrow this is an effectively useless promotion (for me, and presumably anyone outside the U.S.).

Nat25

Reaction score
Drake's is really trying the patience these days. Still haven't received a reply from Drake's HQ to my email about why the discount code for the "sale" doesn't work for my local currency (Canadian). I've tried switching to US$ (and, as some have said above, the code will work then) but when I go to check out I am not permitted to ship to Canada. And since the sale ends tomorrow this is an effectively useless promotion (for me, and presumably anyone outside the U.S.).

I believe the thanksgiving / black fri sale was for US shops (Crosby st) and US residents only

inTROYspection

Reaction score

As a fellow Canadian, let us know if/when you hear back.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
In London for a few days, is the outlet worth the side trip?

rob_ed

Reaction score
In London for a few days, is the outlet worth the side trip?

Yes most definitely. Always a big selection of ties and squares for previous seasons. Ties around £35-60 and squares less, and 4 for 3 deals. Always some tailoring there for 70% off - mixture of past seasons and samples for upcoming seasons. Lots of knitwear (loads of cotton jumpers from SS19 last time I was there), shirts (usually less conservative designs & colours but some unique finds) and some outerwear.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought the casentino pullover to try on and like it a lot more than I thought I would. Not sure whether to keep or return since I would’ve like length to be a bit longer.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll take a trip and report back.

I visited the new store this evening. The architectural language is JCrew 2014 and in many ways the collection felt like a JCrew in better fabrics.

Everything was ‘nice’ but I left without buying anything, nothing felt terribly unique, even the patch work leather jackets feel, as discussed above, very Brooks and not terribly unique.

It was interesting coming straight to Drakes from Dover St market and seeing Noah, they could easily be the same collection.

Yes most definitely. Always a big selection of ties and squares for previous seasons. Ties around £35-60 and squares less, and 4 for 3 deals. Always some tailoring there for 70% off - mixture of past seasons and samples for upcoming seasons. Lots of knitwear (loads of cotton jumpers from SS19 last time I was there), shirts (usually less conservative designs & colours but some unique finds) and some outerwear.

Gordian Knot

Reaction score
This is probably off topic but do you guys know where one could get a shawl collar cardigan like the drake's design without spending 400€+? Im living in europe, so Kent Wang is not really an alternative, although they are quite similar.

hschrapel

Reaction score
This is probably off topic but do you guys know where one could get a shawl collar cardigan like the drake's design without spending 400€+? Im living in europe, so Kent Wang is not really an alternative, although they are quite similar.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Kent Wang had a distribution centre out of the UK to cater to European customers

Gordian Knot

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Kent Wang had a distribution centre out of the UK to cater to European customers
Oh, maybe you're right! I assumed that they were located in US, and I have personally not found anything that sais the opposite. I'll dig deeper!

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

William Lockie does good shawl collar cardigans. I think the model you are looking for is the 'Windsor', which comes in wool (~£220) and cashmere (about three times that much)

This seller on eBay occasionally gets them in - no idea if this is your size. They've only got wool for now, but have also had the cashmere shawl collar model within your budget so worth keeping an eye:

Gordian Knot

Reaction score
William Lockie does good shawl collar cardigans. I think the model you are looking for is the 'Windsor', which comes in wool (~£220) and cashmere (about three times that much)

This seller on eBay occasionally gets them in - no idea if this is your size. They've only got wool for now, but have also had the cashmere shawl collar model within your budget so worth keeping an eye:

Wow thanks a lot! I will keep an eye out for my size on ebay, and if I dont find the right one any time soon - i will probably just order one from William Lockie!

emptym

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure WL makes Drakes/Armoury shawl sweaters.

Bought the casentino pullover to try on and like it a lot more than I thought I would. Not sure whether to keep or return since I would’ve like length to be a bit longer.
What size is it and are you, if you don't mind my asking? I'm thinking of getting one and am trying to decide between 38 and 40. I have the 40 Armoury shawl sweater and like the fit, but this seems a bit more oversized based on the Drakes and Mr. Porter models. How wide is the neck opening, too, if you don't mind? I hate wide necks on half/quarter zips. Lets in the cold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads