• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dylantheroberts

Reaction score
With regards to the belt chat, Uniqlo have some excellent looking budget options, e.g. this one for £15:

goods_38_423842.jpg

I picked up the last L in the UK shop, but there should be varying stock in other regions.
I've had my braided belt from Uniqlo for 5 years. It's great, although I like the look of the brass buckle better than my silver one!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a batch of oxford shirts from Drake’s that I ordered using that buy-three deal. Decided on yellow ticking stripe, white and cream, all of which are lovely fabrics.

View attachment 1619358

The curious addition of a pen(cil) compartment to the chest pocket isn’t really my preference at all but not necessarily a dealbreaker either. Sharing this for the benefit of those here as the change isn’t mentioned on the Drake’s website and isn’t especially apparent from most of their editorial efforts.

View attachment 1619359

Excellent post, thank you. Drakes oxfords are by far my favorites right now, the buy three deal is a decent way to stock up outside of archive sales.

I did notice this past spring the pen pocket became the norm.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you are in San Francisco and wanted to check out some Drake's products in person I will be in SF next week!
X-post from our affiliate thread...

Hope you gents are doing well.
I am now fully vaccinated and will be returning to San Francisco for another Trunk Show next week 06/09 Wed - 06/11 Fri (Grand Hyatt SF - Union Square).

If you are interested in a Made To Measure service by Orazio Luciano, Vanacore Napoli Shirts or simply want to check out Carmina, Edward Green, Drakes, Nomos in person, kindly email [email protected] to book your appointment.

Please note, we can only bring the items requested after your appointment has been confirmed due to limited luggage space.
Thank you.
Steve

wahnamhong

Reaction score
What is the current handling time for returns to the London branch? I had sent back a few items early May through Drake’s own return system and I am still waiting for their confirmation of delivery. The annoying thing is that I cannot track and trace the package.

I live in the Netherlands so theoretically an item can be there within a day. Last week I returned a few items from the archivesale through a carrier chosen by me and the package was delivered last Wednesday. No confirmation yet.

Last edited:

Shetterd

Reaction score
What is the current handling time for returns to the London branch? I had sent back a few items early May through Drake’s own return system and I am still waiting for their confirmation of delivery. The annoying thing is that I cannot track and trace the package.

I live in the Netherland so theoretically an item can be there within a day. Last week I returned a few items from the archivesale through a carrier chosen by me and the package was delivered last Wednesday. No confirmation yet.
Am going through the same. I sent the item to a Cologne (Germany) warehouse. Drake’s said they forward the item from there to the UK and that can take a while due to customs etc, they told me they’ll only confirm delivery once it arrives and is processed in the UK warehouse.

Edit: guess the difference is I got a return label from them via email.

Bateman233

Reaction score
Hello, sorry this isn't Drake's related per se, but I am ISO an active forum or website that is THE place to snark about menswear figures/brands...I know it's negative, but hell, I'd like to know if there's other people out there eye rolling as much I am every time I stroll through the streets of Instagram Menswear. I need to vent and know I am not alone! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
EDIT: sorry a random thought. Would love to see an Instagram page where Drake's look books are recreated using clothes that are a fraction of Drake's cost. I've seen some of that type of activity kind of occur on this thread.... Like the recent belt post etc.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello, sorry this isn't Drake's related per se, but I am ISO an active forum or website that is THE place to snark about menswear figures/brands...I know it's negative, but hell, I'd like to know if there's other people out there eye rolling as much I am every time I stroll through the streets of Instagram Menswear. I need to vent and know I am not alone! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
EDIT: sorry a random thought. Would love to see an Instagram page where Drake's look books are recreated using clothes that are a fraction of Drake's cost. I've seen some of that type of activity kind of occur on this thread.... Like the recent belt post etc.

Why follow IG accounts you dislike?

kentpope

Reaction score

People recreating lookbook/styles with more affordable options is definitely something that happens on reddit, thought it’s generally meant to be helpful rather than snarky.

There certainly might be an audience for people poking fun at Drake’s styling or whatever, and I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with that of course, but it’s a rather limited audience. They’re not really a mainstream brand at all and going to the trouble of recreating a lookbook is a ton of effort for a relatively small audience. The most obvious and likely medium for this sort of thing would probably be a blog with snarky captions added to it, which has been done before though it was more common around 2010 or so.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe take a look here to start with:

Psyko

Reaction score
Just received this. The fabric is great, but the shirt is comically short. So short that it looks weird wearing it untucked. I wasn't aware that was even possible.

Screenshot_20210608-174723_Chrome.jpg

justinpledger

Reaction score
Just received this. The fabric is great, but the shirt is comically short. So short that it looks weird wearing it untucked. I wasn't aware that was even possible.

View attachment 1621858

I have that shirt! It's quite long on me! And because the hem of the shirt is not flat, I wouldn't wear it untucked and buttoned up. The fabric is amazing and I love the colour. But am sorry that yours has come up short on you - that's such a bummer!

justinpledger

Reaction score
May I ask people's advice on sizing, please? I have bought this in a size 36. I am, typically a size 38 in Drake's Chore jackets (thanks to lockdown! Used to be a definite 36/46) However, some of their Chore jackets come up REALLY BIG! The Artist's Chore for instance is hilariously big in a 38.

Anyway, the 36 in this fits perfectly in terms of arm length and I can do the zip all the way up and it's not too tight - but when I fold my arms, I can definitely feel the tension in the back of the jacket. Do people think this will stretch at all over time. A dumb question perhaps, but a jacket that you can feel is slightly tight on the back when you fold your arms is too small. Right...?

jkt-85cot-21306-002_detail_lr_1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads