• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Drakes knock-off thread - look-alikes and the producers behind Drakes

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello - it's no secret that the economy is in the toilet and the Drakes brand has become very expensive. For people who enjoy the Drakes aesthetic but can't always stomach Drakes prices, use this thread to share look-alike products or the manufacturers of Drakes products (who charge less).

I'll start: many of Drakes mocs/chukka style boots are made by Astorflex. This model (Crosby) has a very similar model sold by Astorflex called the Dukeflex:

The shoe last is slightly different, but the look/quality is 90% there.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another tip from the Drake's thread for OTC merino wool socks:

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Drake's scarves are in my opinion the best when it comes to design, and I really think it is worth buying at retail price. There are some cheaper alternatives but with similar designs. Some similar ones:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Says the guy who sells Drakes clothing ;)

Haha, waited for that one..

To elaborate:

We have been selling Drakes stuff for quite some time, sure. And several of key Drakes staff are my fiends.

But, that is not what this is about.

Think of it as dissecting a frog. You do learn what is inside, but inevitably the frog dies.

The way I see it, Drakes is not about product. Drakes is about the creative direction and vision of Michael Hill. (Which I honestly believe is what is worth paying for here..)
None of you (mainly referring to the nerds here) would know about any of the manufacturers referenced above, if it was not for Drakes. Which is not to say that said manufacturers make poor product. But rather that Drakes brought their product to a wider audience, that they were not able to reach by their own merits.

In my personal opinion, the Astorflex shoe is worth fuckall if not for the Drakes brand.. James Bond did not wear Astorflex, he wore Drakes. 🤷‍♂️

Zc94

Reaction score

To elaborate:

We have been selling Drakes stuff for quite some time, sure. And several of key Drakes staff are my fiends.

Think of it as dissecting a frog. You do learn what is inside, but inevitably the frog dies.

The way I see it, Drakes is not about product. Drakes is about the creative direction and vision of Michael Hill. (Which I honestly believe is what is worth paying for here..)
None of you (mainly referring to the nerds here) would know about any of the manufacturers referenced above, if it was not for Drakes. Which is not to say that said manufacturers make poor product. But rather that Drakes brought their product to a wider audience, that they were not able to reach by their own merits.

In my personal opinion, the Astorflex shoe is worth fuckall if not for the Drakes brand.. James Bond did not wear Astorflex, he wore Drakes. 🤷‍♂️

I agree with almost everything you’ve said, with the exception with what Drake’s is doing in the US. A wool coat costs about $1,300 in UK, same exact same coat costs $2,000 in the USA…there was a recent sample sale in NYC, and some of the stuff were still more expensive than the UK retail.

Maybe there’s more to it, but as I see it I just don’t want to be treated like a dumb ass. With everything being said though, I’d probably still pay full retail if I was in UK. It’s a weird love and hate thing…

Last edited:

Treble

Reaction score
Some stuff is fair game, like the shawl cardigans that seem identical to William Lockie but one size down.

sargeinaz

Reaction score

To elaborate:

I agree with much of what you said….to a point. And at this point Drakes charges soooooo much more than before for the same and sometimes inferior products (their jackets used to be full canvas and now they’re half canvas for example and still cost far more), That I no longer can justify paying for Michael Hills creative direction (which at this point really feels like Ralph Lauren with a better cut/fit).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads