• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Dior Homme Thread***

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

That's the s/s '05 show, jeans are the standard 19cm but the rest of the stuff is probably going to be impossible to find at this point.

That short jacket was designed by Taralis when he was assisting Hedi, he also released a version (same cut but lighter fabric w. sheen) in one of his earlier collections under his own name, I still own it although it has been at least a year since it got worn.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

? but they're based off the original apc standards and everyone agrees that those are vanity sized

I have some APC ns from 2005 and they're a 28, I was a 28 or 29 when I got them. Anyway based-on doesn't mean "exact copy off".

The cycle goes like this:

-Levi has those nice 501 cuts
-APC makes its own version with better denim and a tighter cut
-Hedi tappers his APC NC and wears them really slouchy (so buys his true size or at most 1 down)
-Hedi releases Dior version of his nice APCs (still wears APC rather than DH most of the time though)
-APC releases its version of the DH tappered APC (cures-new cures)

You wear them as you want and there are some years when APC got really vanity sized, just saying that the original intent of the DH cut isn't to squeeze in the tightest jeans possible but to wear the top block slouchy.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

not DH, but can anyone tell me how Taralis stuff fits? anything like DH? specifically thinking of outwear

TTS or size up one, depends. Now when it comes to DH, APC and Taralis I haven't tried much in the last few yrs and they may have started vanity sizing more. Keep in mind jeans are sometimes vanity sized unintentionally due to equipment being badly adjusted in the factory. Yeah sucks.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down one on my APCs (new cures); they hang kinda low but they'd look ******* stupid pulled up to a 'normal' height anyway. Fuuma what do you think of the Hedi @ YSL thing?

Last edited:

computurd

Reaction score
Just a post I made like over a year ago or something

"Comparison fit pics of APC NC and Dior Homos 19cm in the same size (26) which seem to get compared a lot

New Cures

apcnc.jpg

19cm's
dhommo.jpg

Both can be slipped off without unbuttoning. Overall, the Dior fit is a lot nicer IMO, feels a lot more slimmer, legs feel more structured and retained their shape more. On top of that the butt area stays nice and flat and close to the body

APC NC feel noticeably looser in the leg and the butt area is more puffy. I havent really worn them in about 2 years but after slipping em on recently the fit is growing on me again."

I used to always feel that with the APCs I shouldve bought a size 25 but I just slipped them on again today am actually quite digging the fit of them as they are. lol what makes the butt of dior jeans look so great anyways?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just a post I made like over a year ago or something
"Comparison fit pics of APC NC and Dior Homos 19cm in the same size (26) which seem to get compared a lot

Overall, the Dior fit is a lot nicer IMO, feels a lot more slimmer, legs feel more structured and retained their shape more. On top of that the butt area stays nice and flat and close to the body
APC NC feel noticeably looser in the leg and the butt area is more puffy. I havent really worn them in about 2 years but after slipping em on recently the fit is growing on me again."

I used to always feel that with the APCs I shouldve bought a size 25 but I just slipped them on again today am actually quite digging the fit of them as they are. lol what makes the butt of dior jeans look so great anyways?

Great pictures. The Dior "Homos" (haha) look so much better, it's not even funny. Maybe it's the classic dart on the back that makes the butt fit well, although I thought it was an superficial/aesthetic thing only. I'm assuming those are DH MIJ raws?

Margielas look great with those jeans.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ime the dior butt is nice because the very upper part of the thigh/hip is fairly narrow and the darts create kind of a pinched effect. (slightly ****)
:embar:

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Just thought I'd dump my repository of denim pics from my own personal collection of DH denim. Most of these I no longer own but photographed in the time that I did own them.

Note: I left one picture visible per pair and the rest hidden via spoilers so as to not make this post take up too much space.

DH DOVA SS07 19cm MIJ
TvTe1.jpg

JePoW.jpg

ZP9CE.jpg

G3pzL.jpg

BmAQh.jpg

rOsBh.jpg

wUJyJ.jpg

fVJhz.jpg

Very similar to black Sharp Notation in terms of looks, except they are much less shiny IRL (2nd pic is probably the best representative of their "waxiness" IMO, but it varies greatly in different lighting conditions). Size up 1 for these, as they run small.

DH Under My Car SS09 17.5cm MII
UBy3V.jpg

5nUwF.jpg

lyBDp.jpg

wbvpI.jpg

ixb2T.jpg

qUTcv.jpg

hMtbj.jpg

3KgXk.jpg

Knr5m.jpg

4gX67.jpg

AyBnU.jpg

OH03y.jpg

GR9IN.jpg

DH Mulholland Drive SS10 19cm MII
AIxPB.jpg

g7VWo.jpg

jSn1N.jpg

INsSp.jpg

T04Xc.jpg

qK8Ig.jpg

MgAw3.jpg

XVQer.jpg

j9fzN.jpg

8HkfU.jpg

PRLIF.jpg

blEIx.jpg

nWPRT.jpg

hXP9Y.jpg

DH Griffith Park SS10 19cm MII
9JTRB.jpg

zdCJm.jpg

mNG8Q.jpg

DuODg.jpg

Se3dY.jpg

Pyiij.jpg

sV0ay.jpg

1wiJ8.jpg

1A0zc.jpg

QeowH.jpg

vgL8F.jpg

1Cy0A.jpg

kY6lQ.jpg

d6tPG.jpg

DH Blue "Rust Washed" SS08 19cm MII
Don't know the actual wash name... this is the best I could do from Googling the reference number
L4uFG.jpg

AqEns.jpg

nj3P8.jpg

YTtYu.jpg

EZQvj.jpg

Ld7bM.jpg

RXBz7.jpg

ad00g.jpg

RBE23.jpg

qVFUU.jpg

mtWmJ.jpg

rCKk0.jpg

rjcxi.jpg

Dr1Yy.jpg

DH Indigo Sharp Notation FW07 19cm MIJ
ioiLiBGZffLHq.jpg

ibjKjXtULgmJsf.jpg

i6AQ8Z6Gyz7aG.jpg

i02thsofr9Iv2.jpg

iRup9X4kGK4mN.jpg

iPlCvYrcr3iby.jpg

iTXIlbEPVHiOl.jpg

iseoeje8w6kpK.jpg

ishw0pOc7aah4.jpg

ibmwFPbKoBQvWU.jpg

DH Soulmate SS09 19cm MII
IMG_7597.jpg

IMG_7599.jpg
IMG_7600.jpg
IMG_7641.jpg
IMG_7652.jpg
IMG_7627.jpg
IMG_7629.jpg

DH Nightfall FW08 17.5cm MIJ
nx99b7.jpg

c83t5.jpg

zxqgp2.jpg

2d0cd9u.jpg

jtb51i.jpg

v4c8c5.jpg

DH Grey Cotton Waxed SS07 19cm MII
These are actually twill pants and not denim (see the silver tag instead of the black leather hangtag)
ibphOUwwFMaNYf.JPG

ibrmpJl2FgCBDm.JPG

ibpukonu85ZYcj.JPG

iJ0tJ10auXy2k.JPG

iZr9ix3ZHHh7l.JPG

iWoVmav2YzjA8.JPG

ibjO6M6ftTgMAv.JPG

i3nYU0g8wnjrS.JPG

i8GARTnjr7k6q.JPG

ibo8F5bgnVYHE8.JPG

Last edited:

kgfan5

Reaction score
sh0ebox- nice collection! do you still have the umc's? the dova's are also nice and super rare.

Last edited:

sh0ebox

Reaction score
^ No I don't have them anymore. I actually have slimmed down my collection dramatically. The only ones I have left are the DOVA, the grey cotton waxed, and 17.5cm indigo sheers (which I didn't take pictures of). Not really into washed denim as much anymore so I got rid of most of the others. I do find myself missing the UMCs sometimes though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads