1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official Dior Homme Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Feb 20, 2012.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

They'll stretch a little. Mine generally move about a half inch. I feel them at the store and over time they become very "comfortable."

2. tellure

tellure Senior member

Anyone know if Dior has any raw denim that's not quite so slim? I love my 21cm's, but after working out regularly for a while they're gettin mighty tight in the thigh.

3. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

no dior isn't for fatties or hulks

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  4. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Like said above, do not think about Dior if you are overweight or hulking up, they are too expensive and the result will not be good. In stead i would recommend Uniqlo or Levis

5. tellure

tellure Senior member

Thanks for the "recommendation" :). Not hulking up on squats or anything, just getting fit from running. Weird thing is I seem to remember seeing a relaxed fit of Dior's on their UK website a while back, but that online store is gone now it seems.

Anyone know of any other brands that have a similar high quality lighter weight denim? One of the things I love about my Dior's is that the denim feels pretty strong/dense but it's not too thick; it feels a lot lighter weight than my Imperials or Fullcounts.

6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

try getting something with polyurethane in the blend. it'll stretch more so it'll feel softer. either that or get something with a lighter weave/less heavy denim. seriously though, hedi era dior isn't for anyone who's not rockstar/asian skinny. you can wear it, but it just won't look good.

7. IDH

IDH Senior member

Luisaviaroma have a pair of 19cm's called "Nostalgy brut denim" - does anyone know if these are raws? I'm sure I have read on here that dior jeans don't fade as much as APC (which I already own) and I'm after a pair of raws with minimal fades

8. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

brut means raw

you probably want to get the ones made in japan though

9. IDH

IDH Senior member

Thanks, they don't have the MIJ raws in my size (28" waist) do you know any other online suppliers I could look at?

10. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

if you want to save money, check sufu/here/ebay

i think i saw some brand new raws in 28 on sufu very recently for well under retail

otherwise see if thegrapist still proxies them on sufu - that is where i got mine

11. Sean9

Sean9 Senior member

I ended up having to go to New York to get my 27s. Maybe someone can proxy from one of the boutiques or NY Barney's.

12. depechedior

depechedior Well-Known Member

Great looks guys - I am a huge Dior collector and just thought us introduce myself and maybe start postin some pics :) hi all!!

13. depechedior

Hi all

Ima huge dior homme fan and woukd love to join ina share a couple of my pieces

Here are a couple of Dior jackets

Wore this today: Dior homme safari jacket, brand new under my car jakes injust received from luisa

[​IMG]

A classic - 4 pocket leather from 07 With raw Japanese 19 cm

[​IMG]

Cheers all!!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. depechedior

(oops duplicate post)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  15. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Safari jacket looks really nice.

16. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Both those jackets look boss. The safari jackets really jumps out and is such a great piece, but the more I look at the leather the more I think :slayer:

17. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I passed on that safari jacket on eBay a year ago solely because I don't like belted outerwear and I still kind of regret it.

18. Serenity

Serenity Active Member

quick question, how does DH polo fits ? is it slim or true to size ?

19. PregnantBob

PregnantBob Senior member

Hey guys, anyone have any idea where I could still find SS12 stuff?

I'm specifically after a shirt like this one below, pretty sure it was on the runway too.

[​IMG]

20. trum01

trum01 Senior member

Might be a bit of a dumb question .... anyone who has a Dior Homme belt ... any idea what waist size (not pant size) a size 85 belt fits? Do they count the length of the buckle as well in the size?