• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djan

Reaction score
I have the size that doesn't hurt my pinky toes. I've tried a size smaller in CPs and gave up after like two weeks. I don't think they'd ever work because I have a wide or normal width feet. Felt so painful and uncomfortable. Sneakers aren't meant to be like that.

I wear US 8,5 in new balances and 41 in both achilles and cp chelseas. Although, us8,5 is too small for me in Adidas sneakers. I don't know what's my true size but I think cps are meant to be a bit long and sizing down too much won't work for everyone. All of my cps are comfortable now.

Crossbones

Reaction score
Are the crepe sole suede Chelseas sized the same as the Achilles?

I personally size up for the Chelseas. I'm a 43 in the Achilles and I've owned both 43 & 44's in the Chelseas and ending up selling the 43's because they were just too small. Sure, I wore them around for a bit but after a while it was just too tight to tolerate.

I would highly recommend trying them on in person as I feel like most people vary in sizing, or just order a pair from a retailer that has free returns. Adding an insole to a size up also works wonders.

djan

Reaction score
Did they change blush color? Looks like there's two different shades and both are 2015 color code. Can't be just just lightning, right? Does anyone know?
common-projects-original-achilles-low-1528-2015-blush.jpg

common-projects-original-achilles-low-3701-2015-blush.jpg

08-02-2017_womanbycommonprojects_originalachilleslow_blush_3701-2015_mg_2.jpg

common-projects_170727_019_383.jpg
911x668_common-projects-achilles-blush-1528-1.jpg

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
I don't own the light pinks but my gut tells me they've been looking darker with a yellow tint recently just going by various webstore images, definitely not as appealing as I remember when they first came out although the overplay factor may be swaying me. They've never been as light as the one in the 3rd pic though from the ones I've seen in store over the years. Lighting does change the appearance but color profiles of the images themselves and whether your internet browser color manages also changes the how stuff appears on your monitor. I've come to accept that there's almost always going to be a small degree of color variation from what's expected when ordering online.

Edit: last I saw them in store was last winter and the 2nd picture more accurately represents those (also the best shade among the ones you posted on my monitor)

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m no expert, but those do not look legit to me. Stitching looks shoddy (especially around the ankle and the back heel tab) and the shape looks off.

Edit: after further review, I really think they’re fake @Gordoo, I’d return them. Especially since it’s so easy with eBay. Do you have any photos of the inside of them?

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked a pair off of eBay. Are they authentic? Thank you.

View attachment 926873
View attachment 926869
View attachment 926872
Looks fake imo, the embossing shouldn’t be that deep, it’s really superficial IRL
17F76765-BA18-4251-A4A7-ABA7058578CA.jpeg

The color of the embossing also looks off in your pics. For lack of a better description the real life color of the embossing is like a rose gold (not pink rose gold tho, just a richer color), the pics you posted look more like a 18k gold (more yellow), if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Gordoo

Reaction score
Thanks guys. That's a shame. I had a feeling something was wrong. Anyone know what would be the best step to getting a refund? I already contacted the seller.

mischief

Reaction score
Thanks guys. That's a shame. I had a feeling something was wrong. Anyone know what would be the best step to getting a refund? I already contacted the seller.

I don’t know what the guy above is talking about but I’ve never seen rose gold numbering on Common Projects. All of mine have been 18k gold.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked a pair off of eBay. Are they authentic? Thank you.

View attachment 926873
View attachment 926869
View attachment 926872

Looks fake imo, the embossing shouldn’t be that deep, it’s really superficial IRL
View attachment 927013

The color of the embossing also looks off in your pics. For lack of a better description the real life color of the embossing is like a rose gold (not pink rose gold tho, just a richer color), the pics you posted look more like a 18k gold (more yellow), if that makes sense.

I don’t know what the guy above is talking about but I’ve never seen rose gold numbering on Common Projects. All of mine have been 18k gold.

They look off. Probably the biggest giveaway is that the numbering is skewed. @nsubrmnn is correct that the deep etching of the numbers stands out: the numbering on CPs can be rubbed off with a wet cloth and some elbow grease. He's also correct that the coloring seems off, although it's possible they used this color in some of their production runs.

djan

Reaction score
The quality looks way worse compared to mine. I've not seen such poor quality before and this comes from someone with 10+ Achilles lows. Model, size and color code numbers are odd too.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
I won't be so quick to write this pair off as a fake.

Leather - looks about right

Silhouette - side looks good. Top views are easier to spot fakes though.

Stitching - heel tab is awful but I've seen real pairs often have less than perfect stitching in this area. Once beat up it'll look worse when the free edge rolls a bit and makes the stitching look even more uneven than it actually is.

Stamp - this is the most questionable - the last four digits are indented in the center and blurred at the edges. The way CP applies the stamp leaves the foil uniformly indented with a slightly raised edge. You miiiiight get an indented center from a bad stamping job followed by repeated stamping and uneven pressure from the press (not sure how feasible this is). The blurred edges might be from cleaning with some kind of solvent. The font is surprisingly correct...the space between the "40" looks a bit wide but could be the angle. Someone said the giveaway is the slanted stamp - this is wrong real pairs often have a down-pointing leading edge. Actually the only measure of "quality" CP has improved in the last few years is leveling their stamps better :laugh:. I've seen 40 degree angle prints on real pairs years ago. As for the color, you can't say it's off since the photo is clearly yellow-cast from indoor lighting.

Sole - really need to see the bottom but the sides profile, paneling, and stitching width are right

Laces - we all know how hard it is to find a replacement pair...these look real

I've seen a LOT of fake CPs especially white achilles with varying degrees of quality -- went to China 2 years ago in the summer and holy **** was surprised it was the most common sneaker (not a single real pair though lol) outside of stan smiths and (fake) NMDs -- and if this really is a fake pair it's damn good.

Edit: OK just noticed the weird ?seam line running along the sole just under horizontal "step"...this I've never seen on a real pair...it's too parallel to the step to be a photo artifact...really bad production or fake sole? again really need to see the bottom...a lot of real brands that have their shoes made in china use a fake margom sole that look pretty convincing.

I've officially spent waaaay too long on this..wtf am I doing with my life...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m not sure they are fake, could be the angles. Are there fakes readily available? Agree that the shape looks fine (for a used pair).

Stitching is fine - most pairs I’ve seen and had aren’t perfect by any means.

Perhaps the letters are a bit deep

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads