• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blue2007

Reaction score
Another question: are there two tan colors? Or similar? I see Barneys has one labeled as Khaki which is very similar to the light tan seen on many websites.

blue2007

Reaction score

khaki is its own color, though some sites might have the light tan ones listed under "khaki" or "sand" or whatever

the light tan ones' color code is 2018

Just did more digging and there is a lot of confusion out there. Some sites list the 1897 1302 but show photos of 2018 1302, and vice versa. And some sites list tan with style code 2018, while others with 1897.

Still not sure from photos what the difference is. I saw the khaki at Barneys today and that's definitely a darker shade.

2balls

Reaction score
Anyone want to sell me their sz 42 chelsea they got from one of the sales these past few weeks?

smartie-pants

Reaction score
Just did more digging and there is a lot of confusion out there. Some sites list the 1897 1302 but show photos of 2018 1302, and vice versa. And some sites list tan with style code 2018, while others with 1897.

Still not sure from photos what the difference is. I saw the khaki at Barneys today and that's definitely a darker shade.

I've seen the Barney's CP and it's about two shades darker than the tan code 2018. I purchased the the tobacco version and it's darker than the Barney's version.

Do ya'll think the darker version of the brown suede is more accessible or the lighter version? I'm on the fence here.

ASpec818

Reaction score
For those with the chelseas, is the shaft skinny enough for you to wear skinny jeans over? Something like a 5.75" opening on a size 39. I don't like the stacked on top of the boot look.

ASpec818

Reaction score
Definitely, they're rather slim
perfect thanks!

Now on the hunt for some 39 chelsea workboots. Anyone know where I can find the workboots in brown or black in size 39? Been browsing around and seems like only ssense carries the workboot in 39 but it's in beige.

gunslikethese

Reaction score
perfect thanks!

Now on the hunt for some 39 chelsea workboots. Anyone know where I can find the workboots in brown or black in size 39? Been browsing around and seems like only ssense carries the workboot in 39 but it's in beige.

Looks like End clothing has them in brown.

blue2007

Reaction score
Got a size 46 today from Ssense but it came with some flaws. Somewhat expected I guess considering the 30% discount. Was probably a return.

Would you keep it?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member