• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've read conflicting info online but how do leather bball lows fit compared to achilles? Was going to cop same size but then I read sizing was different like wtf.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bballs are wider/bigger, but I still wear the same size. If your Achilles are snug then buy the same size bballs, if your Achilles are long then size down on bballs.

karuzoknee

Reaction score
Just to add my experience with sizing of the Achilles. I'm a size 10 in most major sneaker brands, and all charts and advice I've read suggested that I should get a size 43 in the Achilles, but that size is huge on me. 42 is the size that works for me, length is perfect, but the width is a little tight. I assume they will stretch over time.

mykoh

Reaction score
hey guys need a little bit of advice

i bought the BBall Low in Blue off ssense and noticed there were several defects on the left shoe.

The rubber along the midsole seems to have been torn off in those parts. I contacted customer service and they offered a 10% refund.
Should i take it or return it? Total price comes up to 240 shipped after the refund which is a very good price, but for a damaged item i'm not so sure..

mykoh

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys, trying to get a paid return label now
let's see what they say

Enigma1

Reaction score
Can someone post some photos of the slip on's on feet, perhaps with jeans or however you guys style them? Thanks

Enigma1

Reaction score

Bringing you that hot changing room action: Hope that helps!
Thank you! They seem to be much better with rolled or cuffed pants. I imagine with normal jeans they don't look as clean or classy as the Achilles? Different looks I guess

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the colourway, I guess. They're certainly less 'sleek' than Achilles, as they're wider, but depends what look you're going for.

Jeans are rolled there because I had a pretty rubbish alteration done on them and the hem is not great, and didn't get them tapered enough to be worn normally. I wear those shoes with other jeans normally though, uncuffed, and they still look good, but I think a big part of that is the light suede, which makes them easy to wear like white sneakers.

Don't get any waxed suede ones though, that's what those are and the leather doesn't feel as nice as some burgundy normal suede ones that I also have from them.
But then again, not everyone absentmindedly strokes their shoes...
shog[1].gif

Enigma1

Reaction score
How do the army green look in person? some photos seem mid green, some darker. If anyone that has a pair can upload some photos that would be great. Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads