1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Sizing is so weird. My vintage suedes are tight and my premiums are super loose. Same tagged size but might as well be two off.

2. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

Achilles Retro are a whole size larger than standard Achilles. Go figure.

3. lomaxbernie

lomaxbernie Well-Known Member

From what I could gather doing a search it sounds like Ssense's sale includes CP's, or at least has in the past. Does anyone have any experience buying during a recent sale? I think they're the only online retailer carrying the Chelsea Workboot in my size (or what I think is my size), and with free shipping/returns I was going to give them a try. But in the past it looks like sales have been in November, and their price guarantee looks like it wouldn't apply to an item that would later go on sale.

4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I'll second the durability of bball highs and training boots. I've had a pair of each for years and they've held up well. I wish they'd make more training boots in that configuration (with the side zipper). I think it's been a couple of seasons at this point. MSRP is borderline ridiculous, but it's probably my overall favorite sneaker model.

5. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

The last iteration of training boot to come out sucked balls.

But the version with the side zip has been on my cop list for a while now. Hopefully cp will get their shit together and return to it at some point :)

6. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

There were a couple black training boots with the side zip that made it to Jan sales on Ssense last Jan. They were down to about $300 iirc including one in my size. I ended up going with a pair of navy derby shines tho and couldn't justify getting the boots too at the time but sometimes wish i did. No regrets with the derbies tho!

7. SerialComma

SerialComma Senior member

Hey all, I'm hoping you can help. I'm jonesing for a new pair of CPs. I've got the original white Achilles lows and burgundy derby shines. I've considered the black Achilles mids and lows, burgundy suede Achilles lows, navy retro Achilles, black cadet derby... I'm pretty all over the map and I'm only going to buy one pair. So I'd love to hear any thoughts or any suggestions.

FWIW, I'm not interested in the chelseas (they don't fit me well) chukkas (yuck), or combats (I do like these a lot, just don't want them enough to own).

8. ike_hiking_boots

get the burgundy suede Achilles lows IMO.

9. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

Anything but the burgundy suede IMO

10. ike_hiking_boots

LOL :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  11. 1up

1up Senior member

I find that I seldom wear my black mids because they're just a pain to put on - similar for anyone else?

12. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I wear my grey mids a decent bit in the colder months, but yeah they are annoying to put on, and the initial squeak has never really gone away

13. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

Worth relacing them maybe, to a looser/more flexible style?

14. 1up

1up Senior member

I wear my achilles low and my chelseas way more, the black mids just never get any use. Maybe I should sell em.

15. ike_hiking_boots

Do Achilles come with a spare set of laces as standard? Anyone recieved CPs without a spare set of laces?

Gummy: anyone with the Achilles Gummy in any colour (but preferably the off-white) who have found the rubberised coating has cracked, could they post up some photos on the forum? Thank you.

16. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

I received a pair of spare laces with my new Winter Combats. Never received any spares with my previous pairs though.

17. biabia

biabia Active Member

Mine came with a spare set of laces.

18. Canhapa

Canhapa Member

Did you find the chelsea sizing a bit bigger? Curious

19. 1up

1up Senior member

Considered this, but the lacing style on CPs is part of the appeal for me, solidifies the clean aesthetic.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  20. Pleezus

Pleezus Member

I just got my CP Winter Combat Boots, I was just wondering what I should do to keep these in as good condition as possible. Conditioners, Oils, etc...

P.s. I'm in Canada, so the winters get pretty harsh up here.