• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DIPA CITRA CRYO. Whilst a heavy thunderstorm is temporarily bringing some cooler temps...

bwvVrFc.jpg

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2760 - sick!..

I can tell by looking at the bottles that it's hot as **** in Greece btw... Hope you enjoy it nonetheless... I'm useless in warm weather... Basically a huge brainfart in some clothes...

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the best dark beers I had recently(i didn't think of making photos so these are random of web). Please note these only hold true if you like/love smoked beers.

Golem - Double Dybuk Imperial Baltic Porter Laphoraig B.A. - I don't think you can do a fancy imperial porter any better than that. THe beer had it all, great falvours, balance(though obviously whisky aromas were strongest because of barrel aging in whisky barrels) between whisky, smoked and porter aromas - perfect for me. 5/5

double-dybuk_piwnakompania.jpg

Widawa - Smoked Baltic Porter Bourbon B.A. - another fantastic porter, coffee ,chocolate and a lot of smoked notes including smoked meat! Soft carbonation and you don't feel these 10.5% at all(not during drinking, only after haha)

browar-widawa-porter-bac582ycki-wc499dzony-ba.jpg

Põhjala Cellar Series - Öö XO Imperial Baltic Porter Cognac B.A - Instead of smoked sausage you are now drinking cognac mixed with some local medicine dripping through Tutankhamen bandages - for some disgusting, not for me though! Oh and vanilla, it's quite sweet too. Great beer.

546af8a6e95286a32279576060be4bdd.jpg

Brokreacja - Nafciarz Dukielski Whisky Rye Smoked Stout - now we are out of the real of 100/99 score on ratebeer to 98, 2.0 EURO beer for the poors. More watery and less body obviously than its more rich counterparts above. HOWEVER this is definitely one of the best smoked beer I ever had. A lot of complexity and taste in that body. IF you ever wandered how crude oil tastes like, this might be a very good approximation.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2760 - sick!..

I can tell by looking at the bottles that it's hot as **** in Greece btw... Hope you enjoy it nonetheless... I'm useless in warm weather... Basically a huge brainfart in some clothes...

Funny thing is that last week it was warmer here in The Netherlands than it was in Greece!

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah it is absolutely sick number :D

I have around 300 beers 'ticked'(too lazy to write reviews- only occasionally I do) on RateBeer which is probably around half of what I had in last 2 years and that's a lot of beer in that two years(obviously I drunk many of them more than once), and that's around 1 new beer per day :D, 2760... wow just wow :D - how much time did it take?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics