• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I talked to Ron and Jeff (at Rider), they basically suggested it's TTS in length but a wide last, so either TTS or size down 1/2 size depending on your foot shape and whether you'd rather wear them with boot socks or thinner socks. That's for the Antelmes, so I can't speak directly to the other lasts.

Rider has a pretty fantastic sizing guide, too, where Ron lists out the size he personally takes in every last. The Antelmes are on the SS1 last, the rest (I think...double check the specific listings) on SS2.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Im tempted to get one of these boots. i am not a fan of the sole, but the simplicity and shape of the upper is what i like in footwear

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Anyone have any sort of explanation (aside from blind consumer sheeple-ism) for those Boris/Salomon shoes?

Like a dozen people on SZ posted them in "recent purchases" so I don't dare ask there because Faust himself bought 2 pairs and I will be banned for being a moron...

Seriously, what is the appeal? I admit, the "nuclear burn" colorway looks cool, but the shoe that it's applied to does not. And these dingdongs are paying 4-5X original price for the Boris version of a shoe there is no way they would buy without the Boris branding.

Anyone?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gothbois gotta hike cuz there's nothing more avant garde than nature but can't be caught dead wearing normal hikewear.

Seriously, though. If you have an interest in fashion and athletic-wear, it's hard to find stuff that looks pleasing while durable. Salomon at least is reputable. Honestly, I quite like the way the look, and I can see it working well with a lot of tech stuff.

Not that I would buy it at that price, because I don't care that much about it, but they're not even offensive looking or super "designerly" like Raf ****.

It's no different from Gyakusou, really. Good colors and design marked up because of a designer name, even though it's just on normal stuff.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have any sort of explanation (aside from blind consumer sheeple-ism) for those Boris/Salomon shoes?

Like a dozen people on SZ posted them in "recent purchases" so I don't dare ask there because Faust himself bought 2 pairs and I will be banned for being a moron...

Seriously, what is the appeal? I admit, the "nuclear burn" colorway looks cool, but the shoe that it's applied to does not. And these dingdongs are paying 4-5X original price for the Boris version of a shoe there is no way they would buy without the Boris branding.

Anyone?
I have no clue other than "hype," but I like Salomon's trail shoes. Mostly for being on trails, but also for wearing casually with weirder stuff (especially the ones with giant treads) - I have no idea why you'd want any of them in all black though. I've been thinking of getting a pair of running, since I need to replace my trail shoes.

They've been hot for a few seasons now, so I'm not really surprised that's the next extension of the streetgoth thing. Seems like that's the way the trend is trending and has been trending for a little while, no? And Wander, Y-3, Taichi, some of Boris' experiments - it's an easy way to experiment with a tech shoe without having to make your own, maybe.

Last edited:

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
OK, fair enough...

I guess it's just me then. I also never liked the Raf stuff for Adidas, nor the Rick stuff for Adidas, but I liked them as design experiments using Adidas vocabulary in new ways... The Boris/Salomon are just a colorway, so I guess it's a little more boring of a thing to me and I don't really understand the price hike; if he had redesigned them in some way or did a frankenstein version of existing models I think it would've been easier for me to appreciate.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah man. It's not just you. I never bothered to look up Salomon shoes. Initially thought that BBS/Salomon shoes were a unique design by Boris himself but it's just a different colorway and the BBS 11 label slapped on it. Regular Speedcross 4 is around $100-130. BBS version is $400+. It does sound pretty dumb.

smallgarlic

Reaction score
Hi guys
I custom ordered below spec from office
AM/2680T ROOMS-PTC/29 OBJECT DYED ONE-PIECE FOLDED GOODYEAR OXFORDS WITH TANK RUBBER WEDGE SOLE 100% LE, size 7
If anyone is interested pm me. Thanks

markalexpalmer

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads