• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

no people want carpe diem not a remake.

people want carpe diem, not an incredibly similar/exact replica of carpe diem made by a guy who worked at carpe diem

so basically you're saying it's just brand whoring? people aren't talking about it because almost nobody here has firsthand experience with it.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

people want carpe diem, not an incredibly similar/exact replica of carpe diem made by a guy who worked at carpe diem
so basically you're saying it's just brand whoring? people aren't talking about it because almost nobody here has firsthand experience with it.

yes i am saying that... i wouldn't call it brand whoring, but definitely riding the CD name

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also like Carpe because it's no longer made, thus rarer (increasingly every year). Silly in a sense, but I like that aspect :)

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
avantindietryp0.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no people want carpe diem not a remake.

Yup. People want to buy the brand, not the boot.

This attitude is all over MC too. Which is actually more hilarious because the "timeless style" meme is also closely related to (financial) justifications for spending on luxury goods. "Quality", "Old world construction", "Durability" etc are all cited when spending on big labels but when unknown brands and different styles come along they are knocked down and people only want to see the brands that they are used to.

"Quality", "Old world construction", "Classic styling" = "Marketing, marketing, marketing"

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yup. People want to buy the brand, not the boot.
This attitude is all over MC too. Which is actually more hilarious because the "timeless style" meme is also closely related to (financial) justifications for spending on luxury goods. "Quality", "Old world construction", "Durability" etc are all cited when spending on big labels but when unknown brands and different styles come along they are knocked down and people only want to see the brands that they are used to.
"Quality", "Old world construction", "Classic styling" = "Marketing, marketing, marketing"

thats probably true a lot of the time. But as far as WJK, i am just trying to find out what makes WJK worth it over lets say A1923/MA+/CCP, i am interested how WJK gets into that class or are they lower?

modalsaliency

Reaction score

thats probably true a lot of the time. But as far as WJK, i am just trying to find out what makes WJK worth it over lets say A1923/MA+/CCP, i am interested how WJK gets into that class or are they lower?

This isn't some internet callout thing or whatever, but I literally do not understand 80% of your posts in this thread.

What do CCP and A1923 even have in common? I own/owned all of the above and I have no idea what "class" they or I belonged to. Also apparently we can have lower classes and higher classes now, so I guess it's a quantifiable metric. What metric?

Construction? Then MA+ and arguably CCP wouldn't belong in that grouping. Nor would you be so hung up on people who worked at CDiem ripping off CDiem and somehow overcharging when they make the same boot five years later at the same price. Cost? Then why even have the discussion. Everyone can buy Hermes and call it a day. Aesthetics? People telling you what they think a shoe looks like doesn't change what you think a shoe looks like.

There's footwear made well and there's footwear made to look well. Sometimes the two overlap. That's it. Canvassing groupthink to see if it's "acceptable" for one brand to be included among other brands is silly.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This isn't some internet callout thing or whatever, but I literally do not understand 80% of your posts in this thread.
What do CCP and A1923 even have in common? I own/owned all of the above and I have no idea what "class" they or I belonged to. Also apparently we can have lower classes and higher classes now, so I guess it's a quantifiable metric. What metric?
Construction? Then MA+ and arguably CCP wouldn't belong in that grouping. Nor would you be so hung up on people who worked at CDiem ripping off CDiem and somehow overcharging when they make the same boot five years later at the same price. Cost? Then why even have the discussion. Everyone can buy Hermes and call it a day. Aesthetics? People telling you what they think a shoe looks like doesn't change what you think a shoe looks like.
There's footwear made well and there's footwear made to look well. Sometimes the two overlap. That's it. Canvassing groupthink to see if it's "acceptable" for one brand to be included among other brands is silly.

what don't you understand? whats with the flip out man? who are you, you don't comment on anything and suddenly jump into this thread, welcome, now go back to your cave.

modalsaliency

Reaction score
I think you're ascribing a certain shrillness to my tone that is entirely absent. I didn't understand your question and posted why.

As you will, though.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think you're ascribing a certain shrillness to my tone that is entirely absent. I didn't understand your question and posted why.
As you will, though.

STFU you were trying to be condescending and you are condescending now, so as i said go back to your hole, all i see you too is critique people on these threads (specifically the TOJ thread where you talk crap), so you definitely are a troll

Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is turning from one of the BEST thread on SW&D with a ton of pictures to constant bickering. Please guys, stop.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This.

STFU you were trying to be condescending and you are condescending now, so as i said go back to your hole, all i see you too is critique people on these threads (specifically the TOJ thread where you talk crap), so you definitely are a troll

what
he wasn't being condescending he made some good points.
It's like people constantly arguing that EG is a tier above carmina. Doesn't mean anything. There's no point in hierarchies.

edit: although i guess that kinda defeats the purpose of this thread haha. Oh well, nice stuff in here anyway.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads