The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

people want carpe diem, not an incredibly similar/exact replica of carpe diem made by a guy who worked at carpe diem

so basically you're saying it's just brand whoring? people aren't talking about it because almost nobody here has firsthand experience with it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yes i am saying that... i wouldn't call it brand whoring, but definitely riding the CD name

3. dmash

dmash Senior member

I also like Carpe because it's no longer made, thus rarer (increasingly every year). Silly in a sense, but I like that aspect :)

4. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Yup. People want to buy the brand, not the boot.

This attitude is all over MC too. Which is actually more hilarious because the "timeless style" meme is also closely related to (financial) justifications for spending on luxury goods. "Quality", "Old world construction", "Durability" etc are all cited when spending on big labels but when unknown brands and different styles come along they are knocked down and people only want to see the brands that they are used to.

"Quality", "Old world construction", "Classic styling" = "Marketing, marketing, marketing"

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thats probably true a lot of the time. But as far as WJK, i am just trying to find out what makes WJK worth it over lets say A1923/MA+/CCP, i am interested how WJK gets into that class or are they lower?

7. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

This isn't some internet callout thing or whatever, but I literally do not understand 80% of your posts in this thread.

What do CCP and A1923 even have in common? I own/owned all of the above and I have no idea what "class" they or I belonged to. Also apparently we can have lower classes and higher classes now, so I guess it's a quantifiable metric. What metric?

Construction? Then MA+ and arguably CCP wouldn't belong in that grouping. Nor would you be so hung up on people who worked at CDiem ripping off CDiem and somehow overcharging when they make the same boot five years later at the same price. Cost? Then why even have the discussion. Everyone can buy Hermes and call it a day. Aesthetics? People telling you what they think a shoe looks like doesn't change what you think a shoe looks like.

There's footwear made well and there's footwear made to look well. Sometimes the two overlap. That's it. Canvassing groupthink to see if it's "acceptable" for one brand to be included among other brands is silly.

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

what don't you understand? whats with the flip out man? who are you, you don't comment on anything and suddenly jump into this thread, welcome, now go back to your cave.

9. modalsaliency

I think you're ascribing a certain shrillness to my tone that is entirely absent. I didn't understand your question and posted why.

As you will, though.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

STFU you were trying to be condescending and you are condescending now, so as i said go back to your hole, all i see you too is critique people on these threads (specifically the TOJ thread where you talk crap), so you definitely are a troll

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  11. modalsaliency

This is starting to border on the tedious.

If I've offended, I apologize. The subject can be dropped.

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

This is turning from one of the BEST thread on SW&D with a ton of pictures to constant bickering. Please guys, stop.

13. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

it happens to all of them, it's only natural on here.

14. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

This.

what
    he wasn't being condescending he made some good points.
    It's like people constantly arguing that EG is a tier above carmina. Doesn't mean anything. There's no point in hierarchies.

edit: although i guess that kinda defeats the purpose of this thread haha. Oh well, nice stuff in here anyway.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

some Anthony Delos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]