• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official and awesome DIY thread ***

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
that jacket looks rad. I'm thinking about trying to make my SO a leather-sleeved variant for a present, but I'm not sure I'll ever get around to it.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
well this is attempt #2 - the first was 2 denim shirts of differing colors, which I loved, but I decided to do that "twirly leather lace" thing along the entire seam where the two shirts connected and I hated how it came out. It was really sloppy since it's impossible to get the lace to stay how you might want it.

For this I just went back to basics with white OCBD and I'm experimenting with the leather in a few other places. I think I might actually leave the big strip of it hanging off the pocket like that. One other idea is to have it somehow integrated in the cuffs. maybe instead of buttons it will be tied with leather? I don't know.. any ideas?

Also note the shirt with the leather on it now is not the same as the one with the extra length. The one with the leather is just a practice shirt to see what I might like so I don't mess up the main one again :)

edit: maybe I could somehow have it tied in the corners where the extra shirt starts poking out, so there is like 6-8" of leather tassles flopping around at my hips. I mean make it look like the extra bit of fabric is tied on by the leather

Last edited:

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or a lace going down the placket that leads to the cuff... think you should cut off the long strip at the pocket though, i feel like it'll be cleanerr

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me want to try some DIY, but have no idea what. :embar:

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about cutting of the "top" of my white sneaks and painting them white, but not sure if it'd turn out cool or look like ****
laugh.gif

Last edited:

greyweather

Reaction score
Some stuff I did a while ago:

Tie dyed some white socks:

Dip dyed a shirt:

Bleached / studded a shirt (not a fan of the studs at all but it was a gift):

Just messing around with bleach on an old band T:

Bleach ombre'd a flannel:

Sorry for the ****** instagram photos.

I'll have some new stuff to post soon that should be a lot cooler.

rjbman

Reaction score
Some stuff I did a while ago:

Tie dyed some white socks:

Dip dyed a shirt:

Bleached / studded a shirt (not a fan of the studs at all but it was a gift):

Just messing around with bleach on an old band T:

Bleach ombre'd a flannel:

Sorry for the ****** instagram photos.

I'll have some new stuff to post soon that should be a lot cooler.
Flannel looks awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics