• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoelover

Reaction score

CXL Chukka

postal007

Reaction score
Looks like the Ironside Indy is back in stock at Epaulet!

http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...r-epaulet-ironside-indy-boot-in-earth-chamois

bantone

Reaction score
I am in Atlanta the next two weeks. I hit up Steven Alan to do some shopping and what did I see? Alden Suede Dovers in Tan and Snuff down from $518-522 down to $300-315!

I'm not in the market for another shoe at the moment but if I wanted one I'd buy one there at that steal of a price!

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabulous tassels!! Enjoy often and in tremendous health my friend! @MrVenneri

Thank you kind sir! If only the fit was ideal I'd wear them all the time! I just can't seem to figure out the Aberdeen...

Enjoy the wedding, you will be the best dressed man there in the Tassels.

-Mike

Thank you Mike!

nephew,
good looking cigar tassels, nice combo[/SPOILER]

Much appreciate Unc - If anyone, I thought that you would appreciate a classic pair of Alden Americana.

These are too good to spoiler.

I hop they come back around again some day

These are defintely the pair I was most disappointed to part with, but the sizing wasn't going to work.

Hopefully they found their way to a good home!

You are too kind! As a young guy, not many people agree with my stylistic choice to sport these. I had my doubts personally, but I quickly grew to love them. Unfortunately...like you, I may have to part with these. While the entire loafer feels great on the foot, the heel cup is a bit wide for my low volume foot and it causes slipping that is intolerable after a few hours. I think the Aberdeen last just isn't for me. :(

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@MrVenneri The Aberdeen last with slip-on shoes are difficult to size. I prefer a little space in the toe box which makes the slip-on impossible in the heel cup (too wide). I ended up using tongue pads to fill some of the volume and it now works exceptionally well and feels quite comfortable. Some here frown upon the use of tongue pads but I'm not one of them. If it provides a nice, comfortable fit, I say use one especially if it means making a beautiful make-up work for you. If not, what size are your cigar tassels? If 10.5D, pm me!!

RevisIsland

Reaction score

@MrVenneri The Aberdeen last with slip-on shoes are difficult to size. I prefer a little space in the toe box which makes the slip-on impossible in the heel cup (too wide). I ended up using tongue pads to fill some of the volume and it now works exceptionally well and feels quite comfortable. Some here frown upon the use of tongue pads but I'm not one of them. If it provides a nice, comfortable fit, I say use one especially if it means making a beautiful make-up work for you. If not, what size are your cigar tassels? If 10.5D, pm me!!

I'm with Repp. It took me somewhere between 3-4 tries to size aberdeen loafers and I'm still not 100% sure I have a match. 11.5C is too loose in heel and 12B is a tad too tight. Don't be afraid to go up in length and down in width to try to find your size.

The 12B's I can wear with no tongue pad - but they will need to be stretched a tad to be comfortable. Time will tell if these will work long term. The 11.5C i need a tongue pad and even still the toe box is a tad tighter than I would like.

Last edited:

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up an awesome pair of snuff suede pennies in an 8.5D and wondering if these'll stretch a little bit. They're great, but a little snug.

Alpina

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up an awesome pair of snuff suede pennies in an 8.5D and wondering if these'll stretch a little bit. They're great, but a little snug.
Yes, and as with any shoe of this type, the compression of the foot bed will give you volume around the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads