• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love this pic from yesterday's Horween blog. It's making me rethink that I have enough boots. Post about visit to Alden factory can be found here:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got another delivery today.

Color #8 moc toe 4-eyelet blucher from Alden NY. I had been waiting and waiting for a pair of these in my size and they finally got them in stock. They are nothing exciting or exceedingly rare, but I think they will be a nice change of pace over my color #8 PTBs.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Got another delivery today.

Color #8 moc toe 4-eyelet blucher from Alden NY. I had been waiting and waiting for a pair of these in my size and they finally got them in stock. They are nothing exciting or exceedingly rare, but I think they will be a nice change of pace over my color #8 PTBs.

I really like these. Are they on the Van last? I think they are going to look great with some wear on them. That really good looking casual shoe people will wish they had. Enjoy.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some great Alden factory shots in the newest Horween blog

http://horween.com/101/alden-shoe-company/

Nice pictures. I really like the one with the mound of insoles that has the small stack of used ones showing people's foot imprints. I love the character of used leather goods. Though that begs the question.... what are used insoles doing on Alden's factory floor? Since the insole isn't replaceable or removable without destroying the shoe, it seems strange to have a stack of them sitting there as if they were dismantling shoes.
patch[1].gif

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures. I really like the one with the mound of insoles that has the small stack of used ones showing people's foot imprints. I love the character of used leather goods. Though that begs the question.... what are used insoles doing on Alden's factory floor? Since the insole isn't replaceable or removable without destroying the shoe, it seems strange to have a stack of them sitting there as if they were dismantling shoes.
patch%5B1%5D.gif
I'm guessing they are from remanufactured shoes. They do replace the soles and insoles int hat process.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they are from remanufactured shoes. They do replace the soles and insoles int hat process.

Please clarify? I assume you are talking about something besides recrafting or "restoration" as they call it. In the restoration, process it isn't possible to remove the insole. Do they make shoes for people using used materials?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I really like these. Are they on the Van last? I think they are going to look great with some wear on them. That really good looking casual shoe people will wish they had. Enjoy.

They are indeed on the Van last. I've got a similar pair in the snuff suede that are super comfortable and get worn a few times a week in the fall.

brooklyn

Reaction score

A few of the J Crew stores in New York sell stock Aldens, including the color 8 LWB on leather soles and a color 8 captoe blucher. The Ludlow store also sells some versions you don't really see elsewhere (like a tan suede lined chukka on crepe).

These were lwb color 8 leather sole with no j crew logo. Seems like they are stock aldens then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads