• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2u8v3vp.jpg

vfgnpj.jpg

king tassels
merino wool argyle socks

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can only keep one pair of burgundy boots. Which should I keep:

Also, do people typically size up for boots to accommodate "boot" socks?

Thanks!
Wow - that's tough... Those are two fine looking boots.

Flip a coin. If you feel like you want to go two out of three, you know which one you really wanted...

aldennoob

Reaction score

Thanks!

I will keep the j crew as it is a special make up, although leffot and tsm had made a similar one.
The wing tip boot is easy to buy if you regret later

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I size up one half size for boot socks

That makes sense to me. However, in my calfskin JCrew Barrie LWB, the 8.5 D is the size that fits me best, although it's a bit roomier than I like. Therefore when I ordered these captoe boots I figured the extra room would be good for boot socks so I ordered the same size. But instead of extra room, these boots feel snug, maybe even too snug, and that's with regular socks! Now what?

TommyB

Reaction score

That makes sense to me.  However, in my calfskin JCrew Barrie LWB, the 8.5 D is the size that fits me best, although it's a bit roomier than I like.  Therefore when I ordered these captoe boots I figured the extra room would be good for boot socks so I ordered the same size.  But instead of extra room, these boots feel snug, maybe even too snug, and that's with regular socks! Now what?

Have you worn the JCrew PCT boots, or can you still exchange them for a bigger size?
If you can't exchange them, maybe that's the pair you want to get rid of? If they don't fit right, the chance is they won't see much wear.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
I have both and wear the wingtip boot more frequently. If you can only keep one, determine for yourself which one you would reach for more often. Really can't go wrong with either...
KEEP BOTH!!
nod[1].gif

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you worn the JCrew PCT boots, or can you still exchange them for a bigger size?
If you can't exchange them, maybe that's the pair you want to get rid of? If they don't fit right, the chance is they won't see much wear.

I can return the JCrew pair but they they are out of stock in most sizes now, including 9. I think I am leaning towards this pair though. If I wear regular socks with them, I think they will fit ok as long as they loosen up a tad. The question is if I will regret not being able to wear boot socks with them in the cold weather...

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Nice. Very good combo with that denim. I might just wear my Oxblood2 today...

While I am not ready for prime time when it comes to the Jeans you guys sport this pair did make me seek out a pair of Levi's in a similar color. I think this is one of the nicest jeans I have ever seen. Sadly most of the cool kids jeans you guys wear do not come in my robust waist size of 40. At least with the Levi's I wont cry when my 5 years runs to hug me with a marker in his hand...lol

Last edited:

Rstldr

Reaction score

Thanks!

I like the idea of flipping a coin and if you feel the need to go 2 out of 3 you pretty much know the answer. I would also think about how you would wear them as the perf cap toe is a bit more formal a design than the wing tip. Both beautiful though and really can't go wrong either way!

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I am not ready for prime time when it comes to the Jeans you guys sport this pair did make me seek out a pair of Levi's in a similar color. I think this is one of the nicest jeans I have ever seen. Sadly most of the cool kids jeans you guys wear do not come in my robust waist size of 40. At least with the Levi's I wont cry when my 5 years runs to hug me with a marker in his hand...lol

As long as your little one doesn't come scribbling with said marker on Daddy's shoes.
That being said, Gustin has size 40.
I am sure the levis will be awesome, regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene