• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree I like to be about to see my meager collection. I now however have acquired a major problem with that, an Oorang Airedale. This 2 yr old 97 pound rescue has taken the laces out of every pair of shoes/boots I have and eaten them. In spite of a head the size of a baketball and huge jaws, he has done no damage to the shoe or boots. They now reside on the upper closet shelf on the Banks cedar rack. Benjos loves me.

I know Airdale, but what's Oorang? Lucky he doesn't have a taste for leather.

Bbombers85

Reaction score
I still keep them all in boxes outside of when they're in rotation. They get shifted to the closet by the door in those instances. Here's a photo from last year. I've added a few Alden's since and have 4 still on preorder. Yes, I also like Jordan Brand.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Well, since we are talking about closets.... I just started my collection last fall and I am kind of embarrassed as to what the obsession has become. It started quite innocently with Allen Edmonds, then took an abrupt turn towards Alden and Carmina. A coat closet was converted specifically for shoes. There are 9 racks, with 2 boxes per rack. The shoes are kept in clear shoe boxes and kept covered in their bags. I made laminated tags with the maker, style, color, last, size and photo. Please be gentle with your comments, I know I have some issues to work out...
LL
Great looking system! I just have my shoes all over the place in my "home office" which now has nothing in it except shoes. I just keep the shoes on their boxes, because as others have pointed out, their boxes our a little on the small size. I just put my shoe bags on top of my shoes, but don't put the shoes in them.
For many photos, I found attractive screenshots of the same model of shoe from the web. My apologies and my thanks for some amazing pictures out there. Many shoes were purchased as gently used 2nds - some of you may recognize yours. I'm a size 12.0D on the Brannock. I could only wish to have the same foot size as @mdubs in order to buy his cast-offs...that would be truly hitting the foot size lottery!
Ha! No worries, I like the pics and have actually thought of doing this myself. I think the people at the Costco Photo Center would freak out when they give me the pics if I printed all my shoes at once...
Ah, ok. My feet are the same length as Dubsy's, but sadly (for me), they are 3 full fittings wider (3e)
Sorry bud! There is another San Diegan who wears 10.5B Barrie and another who is a 10D... -M

Bbombers85

Reaction score

Great looking system! I just have my shoes all over the place in my "home office" which now has nothing in it except shoes. I just keep the shoes on their boxes, because as others have pointed out, their boxes our a little on the small size. I just put my shoe bags on top of my shoes, but don't put the shoes in them.
Ha! No worries, I like the pics and have actually thought of doing this myself. I think the people at the Costco Photo Center would freak out when they give me the pics if I printed all my shoes at once...
Sorry bud! There is another San Diegan who wears 10.5B Barrie and another who is a 10D...

-M

I'm one of the lucky ones to have the same size as @MrDV. He's helped me out on one pair. 10D
1f37a.png

latestyle

Reaction score
Well, since we are talking about closets.... I just started my collection last fall and I am kind of embarrassed as to what the obsession has become. It started quite innocently with Allen Edmonds, then took an abrupt turn towards Alden and Carmina. A coat closet was converted specifically for shoes. There are 9 racks, with 2 boxes per rack. The shoes are kept in clear shoe boxes and kept covered in their bags. I made laminated tags with the maker, style, color, last, size and photo. Please be gentle with your comments, I know I have some issues to work out...

I'm glad to know this is a coat closet...........At first glance it looked like a refrigerator.....
bounce2.gif
.....no comment.......

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally took my shoes out of shoe bags and installed some proper storage. I am worried about dust though, for those of you with similar storage do you just hit them with a swiffer every once and a while? Or maybe just a quick Mac method before wearing?
love this.
used to keep mine in bags, changed to a similar set up about a year ago and like it much better. i like to see my options in the morning.
true story, i tried to buy a pair of lwbs from @mdubs not realizing i had an identical pair at home. hiding in dust bags.
i dust them every couple of weeks. it's actually kind of fun.
Maybe one of the last times I wear boots until September...
deposit down at ls. i hope they look as nice as yours. and hope they come sometime this year.
I'm one of the lucky ones to have the same size as @MrDV. He's helped me out on one pair. 10D
1f37a.png
bigstar[1].gif
i have to make room, i'm over my limit.
MrDV and I have traded shoes a few times... ;-)
he's a very dangerous man.

mrfixit

Reaction score
I still keep them all in boxes outside of when they're in rotation. They get shifted to the closet by the door in those instances. Here's a photo from last year. I've added a few Alden's since and have 4 still on preorder. Yes, I also like Jordan Brand.
we are similar sizes in both. if you are ever looking to trade, holler. haha. is that a white martial arts belt there or straps to a bag?

Sparky1500

Reaction score
I'm glad to know this is a coat closet...........At first glance it looked like a refrigerator.....
bounce2.gif
.....no comment.......

I laughed out loud when I read this! You might also think its a refrigerator because there are 2 LED light strips that run up the inside corners from floor to ceiling on both sides of the door. The LED strips light up automatically when the door is opened, illuminating all shelves equally. Haven't worked on a climate-controlled system yet. Yeah, I know, I got issues..... <g>

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see/read how everyone stores (or displays) their shoe collections! Mine is over 20 deep now and are on cedar tree racks (from amazon) which holds only 12 pairs total (3 x 4), and then I have like 6 pairs scattered on the floor and another 3 in my closet by the front door... lol... As of now they are not in shoe bags, but I just brush them off before wear... if a pair is collecting too much dust, then maybe it's time to sell them ;)

The next house i'll plan for set up something similar to this... my ultimate closet envy (hope the link works): https://instagram.com/p/1TSdC7wIHo/
(instagram: thepacman82)

Last edited:

Bbombers85

Reaction score

love this.
used to keep mine in bags, changed to a similar set up about a year ago and like it much better. i like to see my options in the morning.
true story, i tried to buy a pair of lwbs from @mdubs
not realizing i had an identical pair at home. hiding in dust bags.
deposit down at ls. i hope they look as nice as yours. and hope they come sometime this year.
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

If you're clearing out, would love to hear what's up for sale!

we are similar sizes in both.  if you are ever looking to trade, holler.  haha.  is that a white martial arts belt there or straps to a bag?

Straps to a bag. Will keep you posted. I'm all about wearing my sneakers and Alden's. However, there is one pair of sneakers I don't know if I'll ever wear - my Air Jordan 1 Jeters.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
respect to those that keep proper shoe/boot organization. I, on the other hand, let things fall wherever they may lol

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
love this.
true story, i tried to buy a pair of lwbs from @mdubs not realizing i had an identical pair at home. hiding in dust bags.
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

Snuff Suede LWBs that are now in the possession of @HenryIII ... ;-)

-Mike

Sparky1500

Reaction score

Going to need some pics of that Anatomica PT Boot and that whiskey cap toe.

Next week when I'm back in town (and it's a sunny day, of course!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy