• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky1500

Reaction score
Well, since we are talking about closets.... I just started my collection last fall and I am kind of embarrassed as to what the obsession has become. It started quite innocently with Allen Edmonds, then took an abrupt turn towards Alden and Carmina. A coat closet was converted specifically for shoes. There are 9 racks, with 2 boxes per rack. The shoes are kept in clear shoe boxes and kept covered in their bags. I made laminated tags with the maker, style, color, last, size and photo. Please be gentle with your comments, I know I have some issues to work out...<g>

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, since we are talking about closets.... I just started my collection last fall and I am kind of embarrassed as to what the obsession has become. It started quite innocently with Allen Edmonds, then took an abrupt turn towards Alden and Carmina. A coat closet was converted specifically for shoes. There are 9 racks, with 2 boxes per rack. The shoes are kept in clear shoe boxes and kept covered in their bags. I made laminated tags with the maker, style, color, last, size and photo. Please be gentle with your comments, I know I have some issues to work out...<g>

Going to need some pics of that Anatomica PT Boot and that whiskey cap toe.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait....im having a hard time believing this. Are you constantly purging or something?

Very respectable and admirable collection @Burzan! I'm always admiring your rotation on Instagram

I also am not believing this, @tifosi. It just can't be true.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, since we are talking about closets.... I just started my collection last fall and I am kind of embarrassed as to what the obsession has become. It started quite innocently with Allen Edmonds, then took an abrupt turn towards Alden and Carmina. A coat closet was converted specifically for shoes. There are 9 racks, with 2 boxes per rack. The shoes are kept in clear shoe boxes and kept covered in their bags. I made laminated tags with the maker, style, color, last, size and photo. Please be gentle with your comments, I know I have some issues to work out...
LL
I recognize that photograph on the upper left! Looks like you've hit the foot size lottery.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to keep them in the boxes but that was too cumbersome. I like keeping them in the dust bag. I can tell what the shoe is from the back (usually) and only once have I tried to put on one #8 shoe and one cigar shoe on in the morning!

TactileOne

Reaction score
I agree I like to be about to see my meager collection. I now however have acquired a major problem with that, an Oorang Airedale. This 2 yr old 97 pound rescue has taken the laces out of every pair of shoes/boots I have and eaten them. In spite of a head the size of a baketball and huge jaws, he has done no damage to the shoe or boots. They now reside on the upper closet shelf on the Banks cedar rack. Benjos loves me.

Last edited:

TactileOne

Reaction score
tried to delete this post when I could not figure out how to upload a picture, but couldn't.

Last edited:

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sparky1500

Reaction score
I recognize that photograph on the upper left! Looks like you've hit the foot size lottery.

For many photos, I found attractive screenshots of the same model of shoe from the web. My apologies and my thanks for some amazing pictures out there. Many shoes were purchased as gently used 2nds - some of you may recognize yours. I'm a size 12.0D on the Brannock. I could only wish to have the same foot size as @mdubs in order to buy his cast-offs...that would be truly hitting the foot size lottery!

Last edited:

HenryIII

Reaction score
Well, since we are talking about closets.... I just started my collection last fall and I am kind of embarrassed as to what the obsession has become. It started quite innocently with Allen Edmonds, then took an abrupt turn towards Alden and Carmina. A coat closet was converted specifically for shoes. There are 9 racks, with 2 boxes per rack. The shoes are kept in clear shoe boxes and kept covered in their bags. I made laminated tags with the maker, style, color, last, size and photo. Please be gentle with your comments, I know I have some issues to work out...
LL
Awesome! One of the few posts I have shown the wifey. She appreciates the system and is now searching for a laminator... Yikes

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For many photos, I found attractive screenshots of the same model of shoe from the web. My apologies and my thanks for some amazing pictures out there.  Many shoes were purchased as gently used 2nds - some of you may recognize yours.  I'm a size 12.0D on the Brannock.  I could only wish to have the same foot size as @mdubs
  in order to buy his cast-offs...that would be truly hitting the foot size lottery!      

Ah, ok.

My feet are the same length as Dubsy's, but sadly (for me), they are 3 full fittings wider (3e)

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For many photos, I found attractive screenshots of the same model of shoe from the web. My apologies and my thanks for some amazing pictures out there.  Many shoes were purchased as gently used 2nds - some of you may recognize yours.  I'm a size 12.0D on the Brannock.  I could only wish to have the same foot size as @mdubs
  in order to buy his cast-offs...that would be truly hitting the foot size lottery!      

There are a few of us who wear that size. @Handcuffed @NAMOR @kwhitelaw among others. You're in good company!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy