• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you prefer them to the Grant last cap toe boot?

I've owned both Grant and Barrie lasted cap toe boots... To me, Barrie captoe boots look "sleeker" than other Barrie models, especially in D width or narrower. The J Crew boot can look very sleek for Barrie due to this factor and the dark sole. I prefer the Grant last for these boots, but I think that is mainly because I wear an E width and I think the "taper" of the grant last looks better in this width. But you really can't go wrong wiht either.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Def gotta have the chops to pull it off. Nice. Those who dont, well you know how it goes
I might say that about the White LWB's but with these, no. Beautiful #2's Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks to those who replied about belts that match whiskey and ravello shell. I should be able to find something from those sources. Thanks again.

did you check out Rancourt's shell offerings?

4b5fce53da307edaea49354a73f8095d.jpg

thams

Reaction score
My very dark #8 LWB from yesterday -- looking forward to them lightening in the future.

Byron Perez

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just wanna share a photo of my Ravello. Just glad that although I am from the Philippines, I now have an Alden Whiskey and Ravello shell because of @mdubs's help.

Cheers!

Byron

Last edited:

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Color #8 Perf Tips. My travel shoe of choice.

The room apparently had some odd lighting.

These are 11B on the Hampton. Very different than a 13E on the Barrie. :)

-Mike

Wow mdubs, the shade on those is fantastic. Almost bronze-y :slayer:

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've owned both Grant and Barrie lasted cap toe boots... To me, Barrie captoe boots look "sleeker" than other Barrie models, especially in D width or narrower. The J Crew boot can look very sleek for Barrie due to this factor and the dark sole. I prefer the Grant last for these boots, but I think that is mainly because I wear an E width and I think the "taper" of the grant last looks better in this width. But you really can't go wrong wiht either.

I think the closed heel and flat welt also help make the J Crew boots look sleek for a boot on the Barrie last.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color #8 Perf Tips. My travel shoe of choice.

The room apparently had some odd lighting.

These are 11B on the Hampton. Very different than a 13E on the Barrie. :)

-Mike
Looks good, Mike. These look more reddish than #8.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Apologies in advance for not using spoiler but I'm not sure how to from my phone. Love this pair of boots. I don't care how many times I see them; they look fantastic with a range of attire. I wear mine often and always feel great in them. Your pair looks immaculate. Enjoy my friend.

Sorry to be blunt, but take a minute and search how to spoiler from your phone. This has been posted multiple times.

Alpina

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads