• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Wow, didn't realize one dissenting opinion would foster such passive aggression. And from a member I respect. I'd like to think we can express our opinions on Alden shoes freely on this board without offending someone with a differing view. I don't feel my comment was malicious in any way. I appreciate Aldens and usually post positive comments about make-ups, other members' opinions, and outfits. Back off.

Look, I understand what you are saying. I am not a fan of color2, either. But saying "I'm not a fan of color2" and "they are clown shoes" gets the same point across in two totally different ways. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess there are just better ways to express it. I think we can all agree on that.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, didn't realize one dissenting opinion would foster such passive aggression. And from a member I respect. I'd like to think we can express our opinions on Alden shoes freely on this board without offending someone with a differing view. I don't feel my comment was malicious in any way. I appreciate Aldens and usually post positive comments about make-ups, other members' opinions, and outfits. Back off.
the funny thing is that he wasn't talking about you either...his comment was simply around people using spoiler tags so we don't get the same picture repeated for 5 pages. So you are being rude to a guy who literally was having a conversation that had nothing to do with you, yet you are telling him to back off. Oh, the irony...

breck81

Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

Hill

Reaction score

Look, I understand what you are saying. I am not a fan of color2, either. But saying "I'm not a fan of color2" and "they are clown shoes" gets the same point across in two totally different ways. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess there are just better ways to express it. I think we can all agree on that.

I get what you are saying. I just express myself differently and didn't intend to offend anyone. I'll take this into consideration in the future.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

the funny thing is that he wasn't talking about you either...his comment was simply around people using spoiler tags so we don't get the same picture repeated for 5 pages. So you are being rude to a guy who literally was having a conversation that had nothing to do with you, yet you are telling him to back off. Oh, the irony...

Well I did quote his post in my original comment.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Alden definitely knows how to make them! I am very excited about my incoming Leffot Naval boots. For a second, I thought these were them...

-Mike

I forgot all about those incoming Naval boots and then decided to look in my emails to see how long ago it was that I placed the order. And then my face hit my desk as I realized I pre-ordered the Tanker Boot instead of the Naval Boot. Normally not a problem as I actually prefer the style of the Tanker except for the fact I already own a #8 Tanker! :brick: :censored:

That was totally my bad due to not paying attention in some correspondence with Leffot. :fu:

If anybody is looking for a 7.5E #8 Tanker, feel free to let me know as I will have an unworn pair available once these come in.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I forgot all about those incoming Naval boots and then decided to look in my emails to see how long ago it was that I placed the order. And then my face hit my desk as I realized I pre-ordered the Tanker Boot instead of the Naval Boot. Normally not a problem as I actually prefer the style of the Tanker except for the fact I already own a #8 Tanker! :brick: :censored:

That was totally my bad due to not paying attention in some correspondence with Leffot. :fu:

If anybody is looking for a 7.5E #8 Tanker, feel free to let me know as I will have an unworn pair available once these come in.

Ouch!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just wanna share a photo of my Ravello. Just glad that although I am from the Philippines, I now have an Alden Whiskey and Ravello shell because of @mdubs 's help.

Cheers!

Byron

Maganda yan, pare. Magsaya!
cheers.gif

I'm sorry if my tagalog is broken or incorrect. My parents never taught me tagalog properly.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry gents. I was not on my phone but i'll be sure to do it in the future.
I believe Tifosi/Rydenfan's post was directed at a proud, but blunt poster @Hill
[Edit: not to belabor the point, but on this thread (as opposed to many others on SF) we have lots of differences of opinion, but still articulate them with class and respect.]

Last edited:

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My comment was not directed at you, blue.

I believe Tifosi/Rydenfan's post was directed at a proud, but blunt poster @Hill

[Edit: not to belabor the point, but on this thread (as opposed to many others on SF) we have lots of differences of opinion, but still articulate them with class and respect.]

Thanks guys. I can see that now. There was no offense taken regardless.

Apparently I need another coffee today...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads