***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Tom - do you have any whiskey shells coming out soon?

Sorry, nothing soon.

2. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

noticed my #8' longwings seem to crease a lot on the sides. Really makes the shoes look wrinkled. Is this the nature of cordovan as my calf shoes do not seem to do this as much or is something wrong.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

A second naive question: is the toe stitching the only difference between the Indy and the Tanker?
    TIA

I haven't seen a #8 indy with a contrast edge though I think that would be a pretty amazing shoe (especially if it had a reverse 360 welt). The tankers are usually on the Barrie Last while 99% of the Indys are on the Trubalance Last (Tom has made an Indy on the Plaza last and maybe other lasts I have forgotten about).

and Rolling Green, that is the nature of cordovan shoes to have the defined creasing. I believe it can be minimized by getting the best size possible for your foot. Using shoe trees after each wear will help them stay looking much better as you won't be getting creases on top of creases which I think happens if you neglect to use shoe trees in shell shoes. I've noticed that even in my calf Aldens, if I take them on a business trip, wear them a few days in a row and don't use shoe trees (they are too heavy to bring IMO), they definitely look more warped at the end of the trip. I hope this helps.

4. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

much appreciated Mini! Thanks for the great advice.

5. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

noticed my #8' longwings seem to crease a lot on the sides. Really makes the shoes look wrinkled. Is this the nature of cordovan as my calf shoes do not seem to do this as much or is something wrong. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Grrr.

6. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

noticed my #8' longwings seem to crease a lot on the sides. Really makes the shoes look wrinkled. Is this the nature of cordovan as my calf shoes do not seem to do this as much or is something wrong.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks about right for cordovan, are you keeping trees in them?

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

That looks bad, don't think I've noticed this on other cordo lws is this common?

8. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

noticed my #8' longwings seem to crease a lot on the sides. Really makes the shoes look wrinkled. Is this the nature of cordovan as my calf shoes do not seem to do this as much or is something wrong. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ive never seen this happen in a cordovan alden. cordovan does crease but that area is highly unusual. they might be able to fix it although it would be difficult so they might just replace. i would contact alden right away.

9. Thor

Thor Senior member

Thor, you have any updated pics of your #8 indy's?

Just scrolled back to through some old pages and wanted to see what yours look like nowadays...

I do not...I haven't worn them that much in the last couple of months and they haven't really changed since these pics back in November:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...19#post3851819

10. harrythedog

harrythedog Well-Known Member

went back a little ways, and saw mention of a pen trick? for shells? could someone please explain what this pen trick is?

thanks!

11. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

went back a little ways, and saw mention of a pen trick? for shells? could someone please explain what this pen trick is?

thanks!

This question has been asked a number of times in this thread. I know I've answered at least once. Click on my name and then "search for all posts by..." You should be able to find out the answer.

12. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

[​IMG]

Do they fit your feet properly?

13. harrythedog

harrythedog Well-Known Member

This question has been asked a number of times in this thread. I know I've answered at least once. Click on my name and then "search for all posts by..." You should be able to find out the answer.

thanks!

14. shasta

shasta Senior member

Anyone looking for some Alden Red Brick Bucks? I am selling my winn perry make ups in B&S

15. QTime

QTime Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

looks to me like either your feet are too small/shoes too big or/and you don´t use shoetrees.

I would not send them to Alden because they won´t replace them.

Simon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.